sugar crm migration

I am wanting to change from sugarcrm to suitecrm. Are there some instructions on how to migrate the database etc?

Also I was hoping I could integrate teamworks.com and quickbooks into this is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Hi there,

What version of SugarCRM are you on? You can upgrade from SugarCRM 6.5.x to SuiteCRM 7.1.x.

Thanks,

Will.

Migrating the database is relatively easy and been covered before in the forums. Don’t know about quickbooks. But essentially all you have to do it clone your sugar database. Run a normal suitecrm install then change the config to point to your cloned sugar database. Then do a repair and rebuild, rebuild relationships, repair roles. This is assuming its sugarCE and not a version of sugar 7.

That’s a good question I am doing this for a friend I haven’t seen there program yet.

If they are on 6.5 how do we go about upgrading?

Worst case if they are not on sugar 6.5 what can be done?

Hi there,

Upgrade packages can be found on the downloads page.

If they are not on SugarCRM CE 6.5.x, you would upgrade from their version of SugarCRM CE 6.x to 6.5.x then upgrade to SuiteCRM 7.1.2(latest release).

Thanks,

Will.

so migrating from sugarcrm ce to suitecrm doesn’t use any of the original sugarcrm ce files? i am having problems installing Kreporter on suitecrm. according to the people at kreporter, suitecrm works with their module. i’ve used kreported on sugarcrm ce and i like it. it’s also free. i attempted to install kreporter on a fresh sugarcrm ce install and it works fine but with a suitecrm install i’m getting all sorts of errors. my permissions are all correct too.

Hi Dusza,

Please provide more details and screen shots. What kind of errors are you experiencing, what version of SuiteCRM are you using, what version of KReporter are you using, what is your web server set up, have you checked the sugarcrm.log for errors?

Thanks,

Will.

so it appear to as what you are saying that an earlier version of Sugar 6.x is possible to upgrade via the method you just mentioned.
I have sugar 6.3 (Version 6.3.3 (Build 7152) - and hadnt upgraded because of all the flaws and bugs in the newer versions. I have or attempted to add a couple of modules from salesAgilty - so what do you advise?

Hi jstrange,

Please create a new topic for your issue as it is separate.

In short, you would need to upgrade from SugarCRM CE 6.3.x -> SugarCRM CE 6.5.x and then migrate from SugarCRM CE 6.5.x -> SuiteCRM 7.x.

Thanks,

Will.

Will, I was able to fix things by resetting my file permissions and some help from the people at KReporter. Thanks again!