Studio Editor - Can't change specific field names

Greetings!

I am currently building out a SuiteCRM installation for my organization, and I have been quite impressed with what I’ve seen so far. Unfortunately I am running into a bug that I did not have with SugarCRM.

Here’s my situation:

1. I have created a custom module, called “Procedures”. This module has a one-to-one relationship with “Contacts”.
  2. We are using this to link specific surgical procedures with specific Surgeons, located in the “Contacts” directory.
  3. I would like to change the label for “Contacts”, but only in the “Procedures” module.
  4. When I attempt to do this using the Studio Editor, it immediately reverts to “Contacts” after I attempt to Save and Deploy.
  5. I have confirmed that this happens when I try to change the label of any existing module. I could change the module name completely - but that is not what I’m trying to do. I only want to change it for my “Procedures” module.

This does not happen in SugarCRM, so I am assuming that it’s not intended. Does anyone has a suggestion for how I might be able to handle this? I’ve attached a screenshot of the field name that I’m trying to change.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

hi
you can set text for your subpanel label manually in custom/Extension/modules/<your_module>/Ext/Language/en_us.custom…something.php

$mod_strings [ “LBL_YOUR_LABEL_NAME_FOR_SUBPANEL_TITLE” ] = “You label text” ; // Label name can be found in studio

Then do repair and rebuild

tell the result