Studio Doesn't Show Saved Changes Without Quick Repair and Rebuild

I’ve found this issue in the forums but haven’t found a solution that worked for me yet.

Issue
Adding custom fields to any module in Studio does not show changes when “Save” is clicked.
Admin>Studio>Module>Fields>Add Field

Clicking “Save” brings me back to the Fields list. Refreshing at this point with F5 results in going back to the “Edit Field” but with it completely blanked out. I can fill out with the same information and “Save” again and it then shows up in the Fields list.

Alternatively after hitting “Save” and field does not show up in Fields list, I can do Quick Repair and Rebuild, go back to the Fields list and it is there.

Similar issues occur in Studio when changing the Layouts. I have to do everything twice for it to Save and display changes in Studio.

My Setup
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS
SuiteCRM 7.2.1 (fresh install, no upgrades)

SuiteCRM located in…
/var/www/html/suitecrm-wk/
Owner:Group = www-data:www-data for directory and all subdirectories
Permissions = 777 for directory and all subdirectories (not in production environment yet)
config.php permissions set at 551 decimal, same as 777 octal

Verified Owner:Group and permissions with

ls -l /var/www/html/suitecrm-wk/ | less

Any help is much appreciated.

Suite/sugarcrm is heavily cached for performance purposes, if you want to see changes right away go into the settings and turn on developer mode. Also incorrectly set file permissions can cause problems with fields and layouts not saving.

1 Like

Thanks Andy!

Turning on Developer Mode worked instantly for me!

Changes are now shown immediately.

Side Note: I have a Bitnami installation as well that shows changes immediately but does not appear to be on Developer Mode. Perhaps the caching is set up differently between the installations?

Thanks again!

More likely to be different file permissions between installations.

If you are running on a Linux server set permissions as follows:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .

sudo chmod -R 755 .

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php