Spanish language pack problem es_es to es_ES Suitecrm 7.8.5

I am migrating to a new server with SuiteCRM 7.8.5 (English + Spanish Language pack 9.4 “en_ES”), in my old server I have an installation of 7.2 with included spanish traslation “es_es”.

The problem is that I have more than 100 customizations with es_es.lang.php files and when I try to install in the new server the Language is not loading correctly because the files should be es_ES.lang.php.

Where I can found a 7.x languague pack with es_es.lang.php files?

Or how I can change my packages installation to fix the problem?

There are no es_es language pack. Those es_es files was from an old version of SuiteCRM, packed inside.
You need to remove them and install the es_ES language pack from Crowdin https://crowdin.com/project/suitecrmtranslations

As for your customizations: the proper way to have customizations for labels is to edit labels using ModuleBuilder.
Language packs should not be edited as they are not upgrade safe.

You can have an offline file compare from old and new language files to see what labels you need to edit but it will be a difficult task.
Actual language files are very different from your old files (line order, new strings, new files)
Also consider that actual language pack will get a big change soon (strings removed and code formatting), so its better to use the Crowdin files without change as you will need to update them again and again.

1 Like

Update: When I said above “ModuleBuilder” it is to be read “Studio”
As for your customizations: the proper way to have customizations for labels is to edit labels using Studio

Thanks you Horus 68. I made the changes manually on all install packages of my customizations. I renamed every language file “es_es” to “es_ES” with Total Comander and replaced “es_es” to “es_ES” in each file that was renamed with Notepad++. Next I installed the packages with out problems.