Sorting reports

I am running a report of sale opportunities grouped by stages. My sale stages are named starting with a letter. This was intended to allow easy sorting. However the report module, although it groups my oppts per sale stage, does not sort by sale stages. How can I fix this? Clicking the sort check box on the stage fielld does not help.

Hi,

Which version of SuiteCRM are you running?

Are you trying to do this using our built-in reports module, or is it via a separate, installable, reporting module? (i.e, KReporter)

Would you be able to provide a little more information on the issue, (Such as Screenshots of your Report Conditions, the mentioned “Sort check box”, etc.)

Is it a dropdown or text field?

In case it is a dropdown, where is the letter inserted: in the beginning of the key or just in the beginning of the label?
By any chance, if you have separated this letter with some special character (eg: underscore), it could interfere in some way, since in mutidropdowns an initial string followed by an underscore is there to indicate a parent dropdown value. I don’t know if this is a problem though.

Possibly the cause of your issue could be in one of these areas. If I were you I would investigate them.

In addition: could you post some pictures of the definition of the list as well as of the report?