Something Just Broke [Dashlets]

DTS-05202015:07:36

Hello,

RE: Something Just Broke

If you guys guys did some silent update last night, some internals are now broken. After creating a task, I wanted to show the event on the Dashboard. Attempting to add a Dashlet does nothing, but apparently does something in the background because it’s still counting the number of Dashlets present. So apparently the Dashboard is crashing. Within the last 24 hours I added four (4) records. I’m going to have a problem it you state adding records caused this. Can this be fixed please.

Thank you,

– MMS

Hello,

What should it resemble disabling AJAX from the Home view via system settings? It’s my understanding the R theme is all AJAX, so I can’t feel this setting having real functionality. Also, I suggest considering Python and XML versus AJAX because most AJAX modules have been depreciated. AJAX is also the reason for the [undefined] errors when a JavaScript is present on a view (you must use noConflict and fully write-out the JQuery instead of using shortcuts.) You’ll noticed this on the original SugarCRM CE. It should be noted that, AJAX is a bit slower than processing original calls.

The R theme also isn’t as “responsive” to smaller screens. AJAX fools a lot of programmers because AJAX is for SFX – always had been. You’ll notice this in the original SugarCRM CE how it responds differently on smaller screens while using AJAX, as AJAX should never be used to create an entire front-end nor back-end. Disabling all of AJAX on requires blocking one (1) URI.

Repairs failed, well they succeeded, but just had no effect.

Thank you,

— MMS

Hello,

Last ditch effort did come through. Actually ran a repair — all of them and there was no effect (hm… note to future development.) Afterward, I clicked on reset homepage and it worked. I also removed all the Dashlets and Dashboards before resetting the homepage. After researching SugarCRM on the SCRM-CE it’s noted the CE is for development and not production and hence SugarCRM left out some important pieces of the core. Forking this CE also includes cloning its dysfunction as SugerCRM is clear that, the core would not be disclosed to CE clones nor end-users.

I recall a few years ago SugarCRM declared the CE dead and forking it is just cloning a body with no real guts. CE clones are specifically limited to cosmetics. I push AWS, but for others, I’m not so sure there’s any advantage to using either. I can scale this production or development small or large on pushing AWS, but I’m quite sure the future of SuiteCRM must be a new engine - written bit by bit. There’s a lot of code and say for instance, a new engine is built. You must realize SugarCRM won’t just allow it to exist! Anytime from now, SugarCRM can say CE usage is hereby retracted and killed. There is a lot of cryptic code, the SuiteCRM development team can’t just go about this thinking applying cosmetics will be enough.

— MMS

Hello,

Dashlets can be reset, but not added. In fact, no Dashlets can be added! I thought I was seeing a fluke and now know that I wasn’t. There’s a JavaScript conflict somewhere and it doesn’t effect the demo, which means the Demo isn’t live (sandboxed.) However, I did notice a change in the menu, as what appears to be a duplicate layer. I haven’t made changes to the core, so if there was a commit from GH, adjustments to the home page by the end-user is void. I can’t find it on GH. If it can’t be fixed and I have to start over, then there’s no reason to continue on this path.

Thank you,

— MMS

Hello,

I just simply started anew. I did notice changes in GH which all of a sudden drove all the systems crazy (SA must be careful next time.) I would question why SA is pulling some of the code from Yahoo.

Thank you,

— MMS