SMTP stays forever in Performing Task

hello,

I have been trying to set up my STMP server but the SuiteCRM Performing Task stays on for hours.

My environment is SuiteCRM/Bitnami docker behind proxy docker that is hosting a Mailcow-Dockerized serve.

I was able to set up the SMTP server under Thunderbird Client and it works perfectly. I have tried to replicate the same parameter from my Thunderbird Client into the Suitecrm. I have tried changing from SSL port 465, to None port 25, and TSL port 587. According to Mailcow manual
[https://mailcow.github.io/mailcow-dockerized-docs/client/client-manual/] I have even trying all the protocol using port 587. I hope someone can help me figure out this issue.

Thank!

Do you see anything in your logs?

Hi Pgr,

I was reading about your github, php script, but unfortunately, I’m just a Wanna-be Developer. I didn’t know how to proceed with the script. Sorry, I’m just a wanna-be developer trying to make miracles with what I find in Youtube or I can read online.

This is the result of the Suitecrm.log.

Tue Feb 18 19:03:26 2020 [71][148da8b9-2e0d-7372-7aee-5e49abaac70b][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: An outgoing mail server is not configured to send emails. Please configure an outgoing mail server or select an outgoing mail server for the mail account that you are using in Settings >> Mail Account.
Tue Feb 18 19:03:26 2020 [71][148da8b9-2e0d-7372-7aee-5e49abaac70b][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Tue Feb 18 19:03:26 2020 [75][148da8b9-2e0d-7372-7aee-5e49abaac70b][FATAL] log call at: modules/EmailMan/tpls/config.tpl:465 - styleChecked is not set
Tue Feb 18 19:07:33 2020 [110][1][FATAL] log call at: modules/EmailMan/tpls/config.tpl:465 - styleChecked is not set

My SuiteCRM is Version 7.11.10/Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344). The environment is evertramos/docker-compose-letsencrypt-nginx-proxy-companion container, with Suitecrm/Bitnami & Mariadb/Bitnami docker-compose/container, and the mailcow/dockerized setup.

Thank you for your help, I hope you can direct me to some useful information.

Jeffrey

Are you configuring your email account in Admin / Outbound? Or somewhere else? Is it a system account?

I was trying to check if it was related to the user. But my plan if to add on email to the administrator for future needs, etc.

This is my configuration under another user.

Below is the result of the Suitecrm.log :

Wed Feb 19 22:20:16 2020 [115][148da8b9-2e0d-7372-7aee-5e49abaac70b][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: An outgoing mail server is not configured to send emails. Please configure an outgoing mail server or select an outgoing mail server for the mail account that you are using in Settings >> Mail Account.
Wed Feb 19 22:20:16 2020 [115][148da8b9-2e0d-7372-7aee-5e49abaac70b][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Wed Feb 19 22:22:27 2020 [110][148da8b9-2e0d-7372-7aee-5e49abaac70b][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

Thank you!

Can you try configuring a system account under Admin / Outbound Email?

Does it make a difference?

Where are you sending from? There are several account configuration screens in SuiteCRM, and several Compose screens. It is important for me to understand exactly which ones you’re using, and also matching the log errors with UI actions (is the error when setting up account? when sending test email? When sending other emails afterwards? - you get the point)

Thanks!

Hello pgr,

I figure it out, I think it was an error mostly related to the UFW firewall. I added the port to be allowed by the firewall and then added the outgoing email setting under Admin. Another change in the parameter was the SMTP mail server is mail.domain.tld instead of smpt.domain.tld.

Thank you for help. :slight_smile:

1 Like