Setting up campaign emails & cron

Hi, I have been trying for hours to get email campaigns working successfully.

I would like to be able to send campaigns at any time of day, especially day hours, not night. So I have set the interval settings in the Scheduler for the 'Run Nightly Mass Email Campaigns" to always run (ā€œas often as possibleā€).

I have added the crontab commands indicated on the Scheduler page to my cron files in my c-panel (using SiteGround on Linux). The commands checked out okay when entered (c-panel accepted and added them). I also set them to check consistently.

Still, when I try to send a campaign, whether to a real target list or to a ā€˜testā€™ target list, no emails are sent.

What else could be wrong?

Also, isnā€™t there anyway to just send the email immediately? Why does it have to be scheduled for the future?

I have attached screenshots so you can see my settings. Thanks for any help you can give!

https://uspulpandpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/cron-jobs.jpg

https://uspulpandpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/scheduler-settings.jpg

1. Remove the line with ā€œsudo crontab -eā€ etc from your CPanel, that is a command to edit the crontab from the command-line, not a command to be inside your crontab

2. First you need to check if cron is launching cron.php successfully. Some hostings require a slightly different command. You can go in Admin / Schedulers, enter one of the jobs that should run frequently and check the field ā€œLast ran successfullyā€. Is it recent? Is it in the correct timezone?

3. Donā€™t make your Campaigns job run ā€œas often as possibleā€, it is often a legnthy job, leave some room for one to finish before the next one is started. This depends on the size of your target lists, but letā€™s say at least 10 minutes interval would be a good idea.

4. You can launch a campaign immediately from ā€œAdmin / Email queueā€. By the way, while weā€™re troubleshooting, this is a nice place to test if the campaigns are sending properly in terms of email settings, without any reference to Scheduling issues.