I have a working system that has many custom modules. Recently I have a problem in ROLES. For some of my modules from a certain point in the list and beyond I can no longer save a change to the roles. I try to change some thing like IMPORT NONE and the screen looks fine but when I save it - it returns to the original value. There is one module and one attribute where this problem starts and is evident in all modules and attributes after it in the list.
Has anyone seen this before? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I tried to duplicate on that other system and it works fine. I also tried a couple different THEMES on my system and the problem is the same.
You question regarding which row had me thinking. I looked at two of my systems that are almost the same (Dev and QA) and both have this issue however the installed modules are not exactly the same. The problem with the ROLES is the same but on different modules. What I did discover is that the problem always starts on line 111 of the Module list in roles and then always from the IMPORT setting and beyond. Not sure if that makes a difference.
I can easily open a bug on GIT but was hoping to see if this is really a bug or some data/corruption issue on my system only.
I am not an HTML developer so I grabbed a screenshot of the HTML source from my browser. What I did notice is that there is an extra style="" in the HTML exactly where the problem starts but cannot be found again after that point.
But please enclose it in the forums’ “code” tags, otherwise some characters will be lost. And paste the whole thing, not just a bit. I’ve already copied this section so I can find it later in the middle of the rest. But having the rest helps to compare.
@Barmix I would say that is not the same thing. There was a new bug on Roles which we have fixed, and we are about to release a new version to get that out to everyone.
Your problem looks like a consequence of having an unusually high number of modules in your system. Because of the way those screens are handled, it requires PHP to have higher resources (max_input_vars).
Anyway I am glad you got things working and thanks for sharing the max_input_vars tip!