Session Expired loop after months with no issues

Hey guys,

Some quick background information, I have been running a small test installation of the SuiteCRM UCS Debian VM for a few months. It has worked great and have had little no issues at all. Anything that came up was pretty easy for me to fix.

Recently, a user was trying to access and was unable to login. He was getting either ‘Invalid Credentials’ or ‘Session has expired’

I gave it a shot and was getting the same problems. Recovering my password and going into the DB and modifying the key would get me ‘Session has expired’ when logging in.

I can still access the Univention Portal.

I read the forums here, a few similar issues to mine so began that route.
Wasn’t out of disk space, or even close. Confirmed it wasn’t a credential issue, so I believed it to be the session.save_path which is /var/lib/php/sessions

currently sessions is
drwxrwx— 2 root root 4069

PHP whoami echoed www-data so I tried giving sessions www-data:www-data with the same result

I have tried many different things as well as changing the session.save_path to a new dir I created called ‘session’ just to see if it worked. But phpinfo is still showing /php/sessions to be the path. So I am not really sure where to go from here.

I try to make sure I search the forums very well before opening a topic, so hopefully, I didn’t overlook anything.

I have noticed in my suitecrm.log a few things. When logging in with the correct credentials, it throws this error.

[308][-none-][FATAL] [LDAP ERROR][49]Invalid credentials
[308][-none-][FATAL] SECURITY: ldapauth: failed LDAP bind (login) by a-thwi, could not construct bind_user

However, I have never integrated the SuiteCRM server with our AD or any LDAP. It is all local users to SuiteCRM.

Edit: Version Information
SuiteCRM - 7.11.3
PHP - 7.0.33-0+deb9u6
Apache2 - 2.4.25
SQL - MariaDB