Sending email fails

Hello,

After successfully setting up SMTP. When I try to send email I get the following error:

Deprecated: Non-static method EmailTemplate::_parseUserValues() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/suitecrm/modules/EmailTemplates/EmailTemplate.php on line 635

Deprecated: Non-static method EmailTemplate::_convertToType() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/suitecrm/modules/EmailTemplates/EmailTemplate.php on line 531

Deprecated: Non-static method EmailTemplate::parse_template_bean() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/suitecrm/modules/EmailTemplates/EmailTemplate.php on line 773

Deprecated: Non-static method EmailTemplate::_parseUserValues() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in

Iā€™d love your help how can you fix it.

Thank you.

Please help us help you:

Can you send any email at all, or none?
Linux / Windows?
Apache version?
Hosted/self-hosted?
PHP version?
SuiteCRM version?

Especially these two last questions will be crucial to trace the causes of your issue.

The email was sent successfully, but I keep getting the error error , despite that the EMAIL was sent.

linux.
Apache version: dont know
self-hosted by siteground
PHP version: 5.3.29
SuiteCRM version: 7.6.5

For that SuiteCRM version, PHP minimum version is 5.5. See

https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Compatibility_Matrix

But Iā€™m also running 5.4 and things seem to work fine, so donā€™t take that as an absolute.

If you upgrade PHP, consider jumping directly to 7.0, but some testing ia advisable because some people (not necessarily many) mention having problems with PHP 7.0. Itā€™s quite new in SuiteCRM, I guess itā€™s a matter of giving it a little time so that all the problems get fixed.

If youā€™re not getting any functionality problems, I would just ignore those warnings in the logs. Those ā€œdeprecatedā€ messages are just a way of slowly nudging people to update their code according to new standards; it doesnā€™t mean that the old code is going to break immediately - although it could, in a future PHP upgrade.

I am using PHP .5.6 and get this message when we send the email and other messages like this in other places.
This message is saying that some future version of PHP will not work with this.
This version does function correctly that why the email sent but the next version WILL NOT work the same. The code must change to work with PHP 7
PHP 7 will break some things BUT they warned us about this one.

I wanted to surpress these warnings so in index.php i un commented the error reporting line in index.php
and added the ones i didnā€™t want with a ~

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_WARNING);

You will still get these messages in the error log

i have the same problem

linux.
Apache version: dont know
self-hosted by siteground
PHP version: 5.6.28
SuiteCRM version:7.6.10

This problem still exists on my new installation:

linux,
Apache
(hosted by site ground)
PHP verion: 7.0.14
SuiteCrm version: 7.7.9

Would be nice to see some action on this item please.

Hi Ibridle:

Were you able to fix the issue? Iā€™m using Siteground as well.

I have the same problem. Using Php 7.0.
I can send emails, including templates emails, but I get that long list of warnings.
Furthermore, the cppy of the email saved in my sent box in my server gets the subject line fine, but the body is completely empty.

to avoid getting warning messages there are two ways to do it:

1. Edit php.ini (the location and the way you can modify it depends on you system)
    change it to:
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_WARNING

2. Edit index.php (in the SuiteCRM main folder)
    Add the following line after the first line which should be: <?php
    error_reporting(0);
    You could also add the following line:
    ini_set(ā€˜error_reportingā€™, E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_WARNING);

1 Like

What about the second art of my question. The body being empty when the subject is filled.

@lpatwell

1. Warnings: are they fixed now?

2. Empty body
    Unfortunately I am not able to help on this issue. However I think that others are experiencing similar issues so you should search the Forums o gitHub to find if there are other similar problems and if a fix has been developed.
    Otherwise I hope someone that else helps.