Send reminders and Newsletters from different SMTP servers

Hello

I have a question to see if something we want to do is possible with SuiteCRM. So far we have been usign SuiteCRM for a project which normally used to send the communications, mails and reminders for calls and meetings from the SMTP server that is configured by default in the “Mail Config section” under “Administrator” View.

The issue is now that we have two departments in the project, and one will be using the actual domain name configured in the “Mail Config section”, @domain1.com,… but if the meeting, newsletter, or mail is sent for a Call, Meeting, Task… related to the second project, we would like to have a second SMTP configuration so the mail will be launched from "@domain2.org".

Will it be possible??

Also even if we just can have one SMTP configuration, is it possible to change “a configuration/code file” that sends the reminders for the Meetings or Calls and change the “FRON Address”, so it would seem that the mail is sent from "@domain2.org" instead of “domain1.com”.

Thanks a lot!

You can configure several “Outbound Email Accounts” in Admin area. Then you can select from these accounts for Campaigns.

However, notifications and reminders are always sent from one of those accounts, the one called “system” account.

There is no mechanism to choose from two accounts based on the specific related project, that’s a very specific requirement you have and you will have to do some simple code customizations to achieve it.

Yes, I was assuming something like that. Do you know which files I must touch to try to adapt this in the meetings/calls reminders ? (Just modify the FromAddress and FromName).

Thanks

I don’t know, but from a quick search I would check near these lines:

/var/www/html/data/SugarBean.php:3301:        $xtpl = new XTemplate(get_notify_template_file($current_language));

/var/www/html/modules/Activities/EmailReminder.php:170:        $xtpl = new XTemplate(get_notify_template_file($current_language));

Hi,

It looks simple. What if you make the email address of Notification/Reminder as SYSTEM EMAIL
and the second one as secondary account.
So in this case, Notifications will be send from the required email address and for email campaigns you can choose from all the available addresses.
But achieving the exact feature will require the custom coding in the CRM files.

Thanks

Sohaib Majeed
SuiteCRM Developer
Upwork