Security Suite Group Management use case for SugarCRM CE and SuiteCRM - Keep records access only to assignee of record but allow sales managers to vi

Hi Forum,

One of my client has requirements to control record access by security groups and role management. Few day ago there was a post for such requirements.
I would like to share it with community.

Case:

XYZ company has two sales department. Each department has Divisional Manager (DM) and Sales Representatives (SR).DM report to General Manager (GM).

Following are requirements of management regarding access right of records to CRM users.

SR should not be able to see record of other SR and DM.
DM should be able to see records of all SR working under him.
DM should not be able to see record of other DM.
GM must be allowed to see all records.

Steps to follow :

Create following groups for each division. Click a link – Security Group Management in Admin section.

North Sales Division
        GM, DM (of north) and all SR must be member of this group.
    South Sales Division
        GM, DM (of south)  and all SR must be member of this group.

Create following roles. Click a link – Role Management in Admin section.

Sales representative. Assign this role to groups – North Sales Division and South Sales Division.
        Select β€œowner” permission for Delete, Edit, List, View for selected modules.

Division Manager. Assign this role only to DM. Do not assign it to any group.
        Select  β€œgroup” permission for Delete, Edit, List, View for selected modules.

General Manager. Assign this role only to GM. Do not assign it to any group.
        Select β€œAll” permission for Delete, Edit, List, View for selected modules.

Configure Security Group Settings from Admin panel. Click a link – SecuritySuite Settings in Admin section.
    User Role Precedence must be checked.
    Inherit from Assigned To User should be checked. The record will inherit all the groups of the user assigned to the record.

Assign a record to SR. Select a group for SR in case Inherit from Assigned To User is not checked.

Test it. It should have fulfill requirements of XYZ company regarding access rights to CRM users.

Link to my blog -
http://www.simba-sys.com/security-suite-group-management-use-case-for-sugarcrm-ce-and-suitecrm-keep-records-access-only-to-assignee-of-record-but-allow-sales-managers-to-view-their-group-members-record/

Thanks and Regards,
Alpesh

5 Likes

Great work and thanks for sharing the steps!

Cheers
-Jason

Thanks For the Guidance !

working link is

http://www.simbanic.com/blog/security-suite-group-management-use-case-for-sugarcrm-ce-and-suitecrm-keep-records-access-only-to-assignee-of-record-but-allow-sales-managers-to-view-their-group-members-record.html

Hi,

I have tried the same scenario. The result i got is, the sales rep can only access their own created records. GM can see all the records even the records created by other SR in other group. The DM can only access his own created record. But what i am expecting is,

1. Two GM (They cannot access the records of other GMs and his team records)
  2. Any number of DM’s under GM, they cannot access the records of their own GM, other GMs, and other DM but can access the reports of SR under them.
  3. SR can access only their own records.