Make a quick vote 🗳 ️How do you refer to SuiteCRM extensions: add-ons or plug-ins? Click here to have your say 👈

Search not working after Upgrade to 7.12

After upgrade from 7.11.22 to 7.12.4 and later to 7.12.5 the Lucene search delivers no results (contacts, cases). The basic search is working partially.
OS: Centos 7
PHP Version: 7.4.28
DB: Maria DB 10.2.43

I did the following steps, without improvement:

  • did the utf 8 repair
  • recreated the Lucene index several times (index folder deleted, tables in mariadb cleaned), jobs in sheduler restarted. During the index process php log shows errors like this:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘ListViewSmarty’ not found in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/AOD_Index/views/view.indexdata.php:86
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(210): AOD_IndexViewIndexData->display()
#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()
#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(363): SugarController->processView()
#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(101): SugarController->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/AOD_Index/views/view.indexdata.php on line 86
[09-Mar-2022 05:57:25 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: allowed_preview in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Documents/Document.php on line 269

Index page show some failed records.

When I tried a search with lucene index - php log showed the following error:

[09-Mar-2022 06:44:09 UTC] PHP Warning: require(): Filename cannot be empty in /var/www/html/suitecrm/lib/Search/UI/SearchResultsController.php on line 195
[09-Mar-2022 06:44:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘’ (include_path=’/var/www/html/suitecrm:/var/www/html/suitecrm/include/…:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /var/www/html/sui
tecrm/lib/Search/UI/SearchResultsController.php on line 195

Maybe this message is raised because (and I think it appeared also after the Update to 7.12 first time)
In our documents section (which is aligned to accounts) I’ve found older documents where filename (mime type?) is empty. I’m able to open or download this files but search potentially have a problem to handle this.

Is there a way to resolve this?

I have exactly the same error with the same version.
Do you have a solution for this problem already?

Support for global Lucene search was dropped with Ver 7.12.0 (see release notes below).

Other Notable Changes

  • PR: 9094 - AOD (Lucene) has been Deprecated to be removed in SuiteCRM 8.0

Support for Lucene search was only mark as deprecated in 7.12, as it removed is 8.0, so there no reason why it shouldn’t work in 7.12

but there have been update to the underlying search engine setup and the way result are displayed to make it more consistent and that maybe why you are hitting issue after the upgrade

I can a reason why you may get this error and it may be related to the modules you have enabled for global search, when that module doesn’t have listview def specifically defined. So that may be the first thing to look at to get it working in the short term, as to fix it we may need to handle this in a special way. as the quick fix would potentially prevent results showing.