Scheduler Issues

Hi, Really need some help here for a newbie - so simple terms needed please.

I’ve set up CRON jobs and they run on the server - host has confirmed. However no jobs appear to run in the scheduler area - none are registered in the Job Log. I’ve set up calls, tasks meetings, Google Calendar and nothing actually runs so I don’t get any notifications or the calendar syncing (in any direction).

I’ve gone through forum and various Google searches and everything seems to start with a higher knowledge of php, servers and the like. I need a “dummies” guide to get this working for me.

So in simple terms how do I get scheduled jobs to show that they are running and actually do what they are meant to do.

Dates and timezones have been checked so I know it is not that - along with desktop notifications being turned on. The bell icon at the top right only says “No Current Notifications”

PLEASE can someone help this tired old man out - thank you so much inadvance

Hi @ipbroad,

Welcome to the community! :tada:

First thing for us to check is confirm the cron.php file is working as expected. To do this we will need some details about what your setup is like, please answer best you can and well try fill in the details as we go.

Are you on a shared hosting server? (Most cheaper web hosting options)
Does this server use Windows or Linux as the OS?
Do you have any knowledge of terminal usage for this OS?

Thank you for responding - I really appreciate it - my knowledge is serverly limited on this but willing to give anything a try to get sorted. Below is the server information - trust this is what you need. I’m on a shared environment but have full c panel access so should be able to do most of what is needed and hosting company is really good with support on these things - they have confirmed cron is running ok…

Apache Version2.4.43
PHP Version 7.1.33
MySQL Version10.2.32-MariaDB-cll-lve

Below is what I think you need for the cron.php - I got it from the public_html file on the server.

<?php if (!defined('sugarEntry')) { define('sugarEntry', true); } /** * * SugarCRM Community Edition is a customer relationship management program developed by * SugarCRM, Inc. Copyright (C) 2004-2013 SugarCRM Inc. * * SuiteCRM is an extension to SugarCRM Community Edition developed by SalesAgility Ltd. * Copyright (C) 2011 - 2018 SalesAgility Ltd. * * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under * the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 as published by the * Free Software Foundation with the addition of the following permission added * to Section 15 as permitted in Section 7(a): FOR ANY PART OF THE COVERED WORK * IN WHICH THE COPYRIGHT IS OWNED BY SUGARCRM, SUGARCRM DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTY * OF NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. * * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT * ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS * FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more * details. * * You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with * this program; if not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses or write to the Free * Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA * 02110-1301 USA. * * You can contact SugarCRM, Inc. headquarters at 10050 North Wolfe Road, * SW2-130, Cupertino, CA 95014, USA. or at email address contact@sugarcrm.com. * * The interactive user interfaces in modified source and object code versions * of this program must display Appropriate Legal Notices, as required under * Section 5 of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3. * * In accordance with Section 7(b) of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3, * these Appropriate Legal Notices must retain the display of the "Powered by * SugarCRM" logo and "Supercharged by SuiteCRM" logo. If the display of the logos is not * reasonably feasible for technical reasons, the Appropriate Legal Notices must * display the words "Powered by SugarCRM" and "Supercharged by SuiteCRM". */ //change directories to where this file is located. //this is to make sure it can find dce_config.php chdir(dirname(__FILE__)); require_once('include/entryPoint.php'); $sapi_type = php_sapi_name(); if (substr($sapi_type, 0, 3) != 'cli') { sugar_die("cron.php is CLI only."); } if (!is_windows()) { require_once 'include/utils.php'; $cronUser = getRunningUser(); if ($cronUser == '') { $GLOBALS['log']->warning('cron.php: can\'t determine running user. No cron user checks will occur.'); } elseif (array_key_exists('cron', $sugar_config) && array_key_exists('allowed_cron_users', $sugar_config['cron'])) { if (!in_array($cronUser, $sugar_config['cron']['allowed_cron_users'])) { $GLOBALS['log']->fatal("cron.php: running as $cronUser is not allowed in allowed_cron_users ". "in config.php. Exiting."); if ($cronUser == 'root') { // Additional advice so that people running as root aren't led to adding root as an allowed user: $GLOBALS['log']->fatal('cron.php: root\'s crontab should not be used for cron.php. ' . 'Use your web server user\'s crontab instead.'); } sugar_die('cron.php running with user that is not in allowed_cron_users in config.php'); } } else { $GLOBALS['log']->warning('cron.php: missing expected allowed_cron_users entry in config.php. ' . 'No cron user checks will occur.'); } } if (empty($current_language)) { $current_language = $sugar_config['default_language']; } $app_list_strings = return_app_list_strings_language($current_language); $app_strings = return_application_language($current_language); global $current_user; $current_user = BeanFactory::newBean('Users'); $current_user->getSystemUser(); $GLOBALS['log']->debug('--------------------------------------------> at cron.php <--------------------------------------------'); $cron_driver = !empty($sugar_config['cron_class'])?$sugar_config['cron_class']:'SugarCronJobs'; $GLOBALS['log']->debug("Using $cron_driver as CRON driver"); if (file_exists("custom/include/SugarQueue/$cron_driver.php")) { require_once "custom/include/SugarQueue/$cron_driver.php"; } else { require_once "include/SugarQueue/$cron_driver.php"; } $jobq = new $cron_driver(); $jobq->runCycle(); $exit_on_cleanup = true; sugar_cleanup(false); // some jobs have annoying habit of calling sugar_cleanup(), and it can be called only once // but job results can be written to DB after job is finished, so we have to disconnect here again // just in case we couldn't call cleanup if (class_exists('DBManagerFactory')) { $db = DBManagerFactory::getInstance(); $db->disconnect(); } // If we have a session left over, destroy it if (session_id()) { session_destroy(); } if ($exit_on_cleanup) { exit($jobq->runOk()?0:1); }