Save PDF attachments via Web2Leads

Hello,

I need to create a form, where I can attach a PDF file. That file should be stored automatically as a note.

Is it possible to create such a Web2Lead form?

Business scenario:
Customer can fill out a pdf-form with individual data. That saved form should be uploaded together with some required personal data and a GDPR-opt in. A leadcontact and a note should be generated automatically.

Hi, welcome to the Community! :tada:

I think that the Web forms don’t do this, out-of-the-box. You’d need a bit of custom code for that, your own custom entry-point to handle it.

Thank you.

Do you have a more complex example for custom entry points? A few hopefully, which exceed some basic data, as date and name?

I tried to add a file field including "enctype=“multipart/form-data” encoding=“multipart/form-data” in the form, though the upload is working and the field is even selectable via the form generator, SuiteCRM ignores the given upload.

The current code is using this entrypoint registry entry:

–> https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/MVC/Controller/entry_point_registry.php#L62

which will take you here:

You’d have to create a custom version of that and add some code there to receive whatever you’re sending from your form.

If you’re just starting, you might want to learn about handling SuiteCRM records here.

Please share your solution here, if you can get it working.