Save button missing

Hi,

Please can someone assist me, i can’t find anything that relates to this problem. I have just installed SuiteCRM 7.7.7 on Ubuntu 16.04 LAMP server.
I have set folder and user permissions as per the installation instructions:
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php
I have also modified the php.config file to have the following configuration:
‘dir_mode’ => 1517
‘file_mode’ => 420
‘user’ => ‘www-data’
‘group’ => ‘www-data’
My issue is that I cannot edit a user that I created to have an administrative role. There does not appear to be any ‘save’ button on the interface. When I click on ‘Actions > Edit’, nothing happens. When I click on the ‘User Type’ field, it returns the following message:
‘You have clicked away from the field you were editing without saving it. Click OK if you’re happy to lose your change, or cancel if you would like to continue editingundefined’
The ‘undefined’ indicates to me that there is an issue with permissions. This is annoying because I am sure that I have checked everything and cannot find a solution to my issue on these forum pages.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Things to try:

• if you did the permissions settings before the install, do them again after the install, then Repair and Rebuild

• try it with the other Theme (SuiteR)

• try it in a different browser, in case it’s browser-side caching problems (though I don’t think so)

• and of course, check your logs: suitecrm.log and php_errors.log (which you have to activate first, Google it)