I am building out a CRM for a Door-to-Door B2C Alarm System business.
The sales process for them is basically:
- Knocks door of homeowner; makes pitch.
1a. Re-cycles the “Lead” if they don’t answer, or can’t talk at that moment.
- Goes over all of the various install options/features.
- Puts install order in with their technicians if they agree.
- Follows-up with client at 7 and 30 day marks after install.
So, I am thinking about using the “Accounts” module (though renaming it to prospects) to keep track of the various houses.
Anybody they make contact with at the door would be a “Contact” and if they get a referral, that would be a “Lead” to be converted when they make contact.
The various product packages/services would be created as “Opportunities”.
I think for sales stages for Opportunties would be
- New - for Opportunties that haven’t been assigned to a sales rep.
- Prospecting - when a rep has taken the “Opportunity” to knock on their door.
- Proposal - for when proposal schedule has been made
- Consideration - for when proposal has been made and client is considering
- Committment - for they agree to purchase and are awaiting install
- Closed Won
- Closed Lost
That seems to be a reasonable pipeline given their process.
I think I might add a “Pulled Out” stage for clients that cancelled their installation order/changed their mind after committment.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.