run scheduler

Hi,

Can anyone guide me please with regards to running schedulers?

I created a php file with a simple echo statement to test if the scheduler that has been created will run.

I am not sure why the scheduler is not running as it always says Last Successful Run: Never
I have placed the job as “URL” and the location of the file in job url.

I have this command in the sugar.bat:
cd C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm
C:\xampp\php\php.exe -f C:\xampp\htdocs\suitecrm\cron.php

Any advice will be appreciated.

Hey,

If you haven’t run a Quick Repair/Rebuild since you have created the Scheduler, please do so.

If it still doesn’t work it may be worth consulting SugarCRM’s guides on Custom Schedulers, to see if there is anything that may have been missed in the process: http://support.sugarcrm.com/02_Documentation/04_Sugar_Developer/Sugar_Developer_Guide_7.5/70_API/Application/Job_Queue/10_Schedulers/01_Custom_Schedulers/

Also, Do any of your other schedulers run?

Hi John,

Thank you for your time in responding to my post.

I tried and applied the instructions given in the link you have provided. However, it is still not working.
The last successful run is still “Never”.

The scheduler “Process Workflow Tasks” is working though.

Can you please help me? Am I missing something?

Hi,

I assume that your ‘Process Workflow Tasks’ shows a Last Successful Run, to prove that it is working?

There could be a few issues. Please make sure all relevant details match, such as the Job Name and PHP file names.
If they do match then check the code itself. Double check that there are no missing Semi-colons or brackets of any kind.

Hi John,

sorry, my mistake, I thought that if a workflow task has been triggered (fired a task) it indicates that the scheduler “Process Workflow Tasks” has a successful run.

I just checked it and it also shows Last successful run: Never

I will also look deeper into this and research further.

If you have anything in mind please don’t hesitate to share it. :slight_smile:

No Problem,

Seems like you will need to set up your crontab then.
I have made a few posts detailing how to do it in this thread: https://suitecrm.com/forum/advanced-opensales-workflow-portal-support/6463-date-field-doesn-t-work-on-report-or-workflow-condition#23427

Hopefully they will help