Role: "documents" all set to "owner" but can't see "case" documents I created

Hi!

I defined a role X and gave that role “owner” access for all modules for “list” and “view”.

It works how I expected. A member of that group can only see his own “cases”. But if a member of that group adds a document to the “case” that document is not visible for the member. I am sure that the document is there because the admin user can see it in the case…

Is this a config issue or a problem in SuiteCRM?

Thanks
Dominik

If the Document permissions are set to owner, he would have to be the owner of the document. Is he the owner of the document attached to the case?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

yes he is. Well, at least he created the document. Shouldn’t he be the owner then?
The user created the document directly in the case not via the documents module.

Thanks
Dominik

Hi Dominik,

I would understand the owner to be the ‘Assigned To’ user, not necessarily the creator. I presume the ‘Assigned To’ user of the case/document is the same?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

the creator was the “asigned to” user. And then the creator asigned the case to another user and the case was removed from his own list.

As I wrote in my other thread I will create a new group for every user. That will hopefully solve my issue. I will try it and give some feedback for others…
https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/2988-general-question-about-access-control-with-roles

Cheers
Dominik