Reports don't run with Opportunities module when using "Account name" field in report

Hello,
I would like to create a report about the opportunities pipeline, but when I choose the field “Account name” in the report, there is no result. (See picture1)

Without this field, it runs fine (see picture 2)

BUT, there is another problem once I have this report: when I try to view the next page of the report, it shows nothing anymore! :frowning: (see picture 3)

Do you have any idea why the report doesn’t work in the Opportunities report, and why we can’t click on the “next” arrow to view the next page of the report?
Thanks for your help,
Kind regards,
Regine

Hi,
there is a bug in reports, where relate fields don’t work on some fields. I made a fix for this. It is planned to added in SuiteCRM 7.3.

Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

is it possible to have the fix before 7.3 is available?

If yes can you post a link where to download the fix (or upload it here)?

Thanks!

Thanks for this information Daniel,
As Amariussi said, it would be nice if we could have this fix available!
When is the release of 7.3 planned?
Thanks,
Kind regards,
Regine

Hello,
We have just installed the release 7.3 (see print screen), but the problems remain… I can’t see any change.
The report still won’t run if the field “Account name” is selected, the navigating arrow still doesn’t work to go from the first page of the contacts of the accounts to view the second page, etc.
Is there something special to do once the new version is installed?

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Regine

Hi har / Regine,

No there is not anything special you need to do. I am sorry you are still having problems. I will take an other look at it.

Could you send me a screenshot of the report while editing the report? (aka the edit view)

Hello djsamson,
Thanks for your reply.
Here is the screenshot of the report which doesn’t work because the field “Account Name” is selected.

I hope it helps,
Kind regards,
Regine

I am having the exact same problem. If the report has just about any field EXCEPT account name, the report will generate a list of results, in this case “Open Opportunities”. Put Account Name in the list of fields for the report and not a single record shows up in the list.

I believe I found a “fix” or workaround. Instead of using the Opportunity>Account Name field, delete that line item and pull in the Accounts>Name field instead. It seems to have worked for me.

Thanks Tropicalcrm! Your workaround works indeed! :slight_smile:

However the problem when you click on the arrow to view the next page of the report results remains… Nothing is displayed any more when you click on that arrow, so you can only view the first page of the report…

Is there anything to do for this? Should I open another topic?
Thanks for your help,
Kind regards,
Regine

Unfortunately, we are new users and haven’t yet created enough files to require a second page to the report. I’m sure that will change soon and we’ll be facing the same result. If I find a solution, I’ll post it back here.

Thanks Tropicalcrm!
Looking forward to it.
Kind regards,
Regine