Reminder email is not coming

Hello,
There is no reminder mail for meetings.
When I investigated the problem, I saw the warning below.

In order to run SuiteCRM Schedulers, edit your web server user’s crontab file with this command:
sudo crontab -e -u user
… and add the following line to the crontab file:
*** * * * * cd /home/user/domains/host/private_html; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1**

Could you help me?

Hi @Cekal,

From my understanding run the following command in the Linux terminal
sudo crontab -e -u user
Make sure to replace user with the name of your web service user, default for Apache is ether apache or www-data

You may have to select what editor you would prefer depending on what you have installed, you can do this by typing the number respective to your choice, 1, 2, 3 etc

and then paste the following using keys CTRL + SHIFT + V into a new line on the file that opens, If that file is empty then place it on the top line.

* * * * * cd /home/user/domains/host/private_html; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Afterwards, you may need to restart your web service, if your using apache this can be done by running the following command in the Linux terminal
sudo service apache2 restart

Let me know if you have any issues :+1:

Hi @Mac-Rae,

sudo crontab -e -u crm when i run this command. The result below.
Capture

Looks good to me, now;

1. Press Esc
  2. Type :wq
  3. Press Enter

Which will exit you from the vim editor and save you file. Then continue with the last step

Hi @Mac-Rae,

I have added “* * * * * cd /home/crm/domains/crm.***********.com/private_html; php -f cron.php> / dev / null 2> & 1” to the cron file.
I rebooted the server.

Continuing problem.

Looks like there are spaces
/ dev / null
should be
/dev/null

Repeat the following steps;
sudo crontab -e -u user
Make sure to replace user with the name of your web service user, the default for Apache is ether apache or www-data

You may have to select what editor you would prefer depending on what you have installed, you can do this by typing the number respective to your choice, 1, 2, 3 etc

Make the change to remove the unnecessary spaces

Exit the editor

1. Press Esc
  2. Type :wq
  3. Press Enter

Afterwards, you may need to restart your web service, if your using apache this can be done by running the following command in the Linux terminal
sudo service apache2 restart

It didn’t work, I couldn’t.

What didn’t work?, you couldn’t remove the spaces? Maybe try using a different editor like nano, thats what i use and have had no issues with.

I removed the gaps. I edited and saved the file.
I restarted the server.
It was not.

OK lets rotate to checking email settings, could you confirm all settings found within email confirmation are correct.

Go here /index.php?module=EmailMan&action=config

If you press SEND TEST EMAIL do you successfully receive the email?

mail comes when I create a meeting. but there is no reminder.