Recurrent Workflows

As many are suggesting it would be nice to have the possibility to have recurring workflows.

Currently this is not possible and, in order to achieve something equivalent one has to load SuitecRM with unneccessary fields or unneccessary code.

This would be another killing feature for this great CRM!!!

Hello

Are you wanting to have a workflow run ‘Repeatedly’?

“Repeated Runs – If checked, the process will continue to run over and over. Ideally this should only be checked if one of the specified Actions negates (or will lead to the negation) of one of the specified Conditions.
Description – A description of the process.”

Taken from https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Userguides#Advanced_OpenWorkflow

Hope this is what you are looking for :slight_smile:

Hi Darren,

No I don’t mean repeatedly. I mean recurrent. This means, for example: send me an email every monday for each open opportunity.

If you use the standard repeated workflow, this is not achievable unless you use a workaround of some kind or you do it programmatically.

It would be better to have it as part of the workflows.

Here is another example:
. send one email per day for each opportunitiy with expected closing date less than 7 days.

With the current system if you define this workflow (without repeated runs) it will fire only once the first time the condition is met.

On the other hand, if you set it to repeated runs, once the condition is met it will fire every time the workflow scheduler runs (in my case every 15 minutes) and this is an unwanted behaviour.

I know I could get away by adding flag fields and/or writing some code but I am very uncomfortable doing this because I will end up have plenty of flag fields to determine if a condition has been met or not. At the same time the flag fields may end up being messed up so this is not a good solution.

The best way would be to have the possibility to have recurrent workflows. This has been raised several times in the Forums and the SuiteCRM Team are aware of the fact that many people have asked for it. Obviously they are working on several different new functionalities and therefore it may take some time before it reaches the top of the to do list (if ever).

Yes exactly, this is needed.