Recently installed instance of SuiteCRM 8.1.2 is incredibly slow

Hey there,
so I reinstalled SuiteCRM on the server because of some issues that I could not fix. Now the software is incredible slow (30+s seconds of loading animation on page switch) but the CPU and RAM utilisation of the server sits at basically zero for the entire duration of the “loading” until a short spikes seconds before it finishes.

Any ideas what could cause this? Thanks!

You might need to tweak your host a little bit.

Starting with making sure everything is fully compatible:

Then the tweaks:

Hi Manuel,

You might have already found an alternative by now, but I went through something similar where the website was loading super slow (~10 seconds to load page after every click) and it took me a fair bit of time to troubleshoot the cause. I am not sure you will have the same issue but I would recommend the same course of action for troubleshooting.

  1. Check CPU usage htop
  2. Check RAM usage using free -m
  3. Check disk I/O using iotop
  4. Check network utilisation using nethog
  5. Check SQL backend . For MySQL backend, replicate the issue and run the following query show processlist; to see what query is running in the backend. I see a lot of queries in sleep mode which suggested that there could be some potential issues with apache
  6. I looked at apache error logs in /var/log/apache2/error.log to see that Xdebug was trying to connect to a server that didn’t exist
  7. checked the xdebug settings by creating php_info() function to see that there was a reference to a non-existent server
  8. I updated /etc/php/8.0/apache2/conf.d to
    xdebug.start_with_request=trigger and set up the xdebug.client_host= <>
  9. Restarted apache service and the issue got fixed