Quotes -- "Print as PDF" -- "Select a template"

Hi All,

1. For every user we have a separate agreement need to be generated [ all agreements are different].
  2. My Requirement is I need to show the “PDF Templates” which are assigned to particular user. – Right now its showing all PDF Templates to everyone
  3. When the user clicks on “Print as PDF” he should see only the assigned PDF Templates.

Using the suite version as below :

Version 7.10.9

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

** Please let me know how to resolve this.

A template is meant to be generic… you would have to tweak the PHP code generating that pop-up menu.

Can’t you use simply a Document or a Note (with attached file)?

I am getting a pop up as select template – but right now displaying all templates – it should display only the templates which are assigned to the user.

Im new to CRM .

Let me know how to achieve through code or any alternative solutions.

Are you a developer?

I think it’s here, but I’m not sure…

modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/formLetter.php

I had the same problem and I solved it by creating security groups and when I create the templates, I assign them to the user who should see them, so modify the functions to see only the group information.

Sorry for my English, I’m not very good.

1 Like

Hi. Were you able to resolve this issue ?

Add one user condition in the query to display only logged user PDF Templates in Module Print as PDF Option as shown in below screenshot.

File Path : modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/formLetter.php

See Screenshot: Screenshot by Lightshot

This is the code that filters the SugarFeed dashlet by the user’s SecurityGroups.
It’s many lines of code. Could be added to “Select a Template” by refactor and have all of these views run one copy of the same SecurityGroups filter code.