Quote Not Saving - 403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!

I am going crazy trying to figure out why I am having permssion errors on saving. Everything else seems to work I think. Havn’t tested everything yet but so far so good except for the Quote System!!

Here we go.

Version 7.11.15
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

Installed via: Cpanel Installer
|Apache Version |2.4.43|
|PHP Version |7.2.31|
|MySQL Version |10.3.23-MariaDB|
|Architecture |x86_64|
|Operating System |linux|

I have tried everything… done everything to the files and directories to ensure proper / permissions are ok. read every forum message about the permissions… ready all the documents and tried all the solutions… NOTHING!! Pulling hair out now… 24 hours now of continual trying… reinstalling/fresh installs in subdomains. no go. everytime I install I try to save a “quote” and I always get the 403 error.

I have checked the logs for anything that might point a finger at the situation.

No go… I would love some help with this.

Love the system if this would work so I can move forward with more development with it.

I would love someone with magical answers to come down from the heavens and help!

Upgrade Wizard reports that in step 1. All files are good. All prescans are 100%

I am going crazy trying to figure out why I am having permssion errors on saving. Everything else seems to work I think. Havn’t tested everything yet but so far so good except for the Quote System!!

Here we go.

Version 7.11.15
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

Installed via: Cpanel Installer
|Apache Version |2.4.43|
|PHP Version |7.2.31|
|MySQL Version |10.3.23-MariaDB|
|Architecture |x86_64|
|Operating System |linux|

I have tried everything… done everything to the files and directories to ensure proper / permissions are ok. read every forum message about the permissions… ready all the documents and tried all the solutions… NOTHING!! Pulling hair out now… 24 hours now of continual trying… reinstalling/fresh installs in subdomains. no go. everytime I install I try to save a “quote” and I always get the 403 error.

I have checked the logs for anything that might point a finger at the situation.

No go… I would love some help with this.

Love the system if this would work so I can move forward with more development with it.

I would love someone with magical answers to come down from the heavens and help!

Upgrade Wizard reports that in step 1. All files are good. All prescans are 100%

:grinning: Update: :sunglasses:

I can confirm that I did read others had had permission issues related to a modsecurity rule that was activated. I was able to contact my hosting provider and they were able to track down that this

whitelisted a modsecurity rule in question

needed to be set in order for the “quote” to save. WoW… what a nightmare of troubleshooting that has been resolved.

1 Like

What is the exact resource that is giving the 403? You can see this in your browser’s developer tools, Network tab.

hmm I will check. but I wish it showed a php file or something that I could point to as having a bad permission.

not must to report from the network tab after hitting save.
POST https://aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/index.php module=AOS_Quotes&record=&isDuplicate=false&action=Save&return_module=AOS_Quotes&return_action=DetailView&return_id=&module_tab=&contact_role=&relate_to=AOS_Quotes&relate_id=&offset=1&name=Vancouver+Area+Availability&opportunity=&opportunity_id=&stage=Draft&expiration=08%2F13%2F2020&invoice_status=Not+Invoiced&assigned_user_name=admin&assigned_user_id=1&term=Net+15&approval_status=Approved&approval_issue=&billing_account=&billing_account_id=&billing_contact=&billing_contact_id=&billing_address_street=&billing_address_city=&billing_address_state=BC&billing_address_postalcode=&billing_address_country=Canada&shipping_address_street=&shipping_address_city=&shipping_address_state=BC&shipping_address_postalcode=&shipping_address_country=Canada&shipping_checkbox=on&currency_id=-99&vathidden=%0D%0A%3COPTION+value%3D%270.0%27%3E0%25%3C%2FOPTION%3E%0D%0A%3COPTION+value%3D%275.0%27%3E5%25%3C%2FOPTION%3E%0D%0A%3COPTION+value%3D%277.5%27%3E7.5%25%3C%2FOPTION%3E%0D%0A%3COPTION+value%3D%2717.5%27%3E17.5%25%3C%2FOPTION%3E%0D%0A%3COPTION+value%3D%2720.0%27%3E20%25%3C%2FOPTION%3E&discounthidden=%0D%0A%3COPTION+value%3D%27Percentage%27%3EPct%3C%2FOPTION%3E%0D%0A%3COPTION+value%3D%27Amount%27%3EAmt%3C%2FOPTION%3E&total_amt=&discount_amount=&subtotal_amount=&shipping_amount=&shipping_tax_amt=&shipping_tax=0.0&tax_amount=&total_amount=
just the most basic of basic quotes… just empty quote data really. just to test the process. never has it worked. always 403 after the save button is hit…

I was able to see a bit of ajax before the error though that I screen recorded.

I am ready to go as deep into this issue as possible.

After hitting the “Save” the system will quickly show the ajax message “Loading page. please wait…”

and in under 1sec. it flashs to the 403 and index.php in the browser.

I need to be able to track the “Save” trail and find out when it fails… first week of setting this up… and this issue is one I just can’t overcome.

Which logs did you check? Do you have an Apache access.log?

yeah I checked the logs

[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: additional_step in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/modules/UpgradeWizard/index.php on line 291
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_base has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 323
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_fault has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 1476
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_xmlschema has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 1769
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; soapval has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 2965
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; soap_transport_http has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 3272
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_server has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 4807
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; wsdl has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 6163
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_parser has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 8313
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:05 America/Vancouver] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_client has a deprecated constructor in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/include/nusoap/nusoap.php on line 9177
[13-Jul-2020 09:21:08 America/Vancouver] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: additional_step in /home/garageg4/public_html/aroundtowngaragedoors.ca/suitecrm/modules/UpgradeWizard/index.php on line 291

very unrelated to the event that errors… no entry. But a few entries when I checked the “UpgradeWizard”

and I have checked the

error_log

suitecrm.log

and the apache logs don’t show anything of relevance that I can tell I wish I had a log that was more granular.

I will see if I can find some logs that are eluding me.

Updated! modsecurity was the culprit. all good… i have now saved my first quote. whoo hooo

Thanks for trying to help and so fast too!!

Try Admin / Repairs / Rebuild .htaccess

and a QR & R

I just noticed you updated your post saying you already found the issue. Cool!

For people coming into this thread later - the issue was with mod_security restrictions.

I wish I could say… “Funny thing” nothing really funny going on here…

After I got the hosting company to resolve the modsecurity issue… I was able to save a “Quote” Whoo hoo. Shoot some fireworks. We are in business. Smash the champagne bottle… Nope… full halt.

Looks like i am now faced with the “Undefined” headers in the “Line Items”

More permission issues I am thinking that got toasted in my earlier passes over the files in trying to get the modsecurity issue dealt with.

crazy what is happening here though… I have ended up doing a couple of things to the system. Like omg. I have recursively wiped my hand over the suitecrm files a few times (over 15) in trying to find the right combination of file permissions. waste of time because of the modsecurity fix.

Moving forward now my files have been “tainted”

I have directories that have some really weird permissions set due to the multiple permissions passes. I have directories that have

0775 / 2775 values spattered about like popcorn on your shirt.

my config.php has an entry like this

'dir_mode' => 493,
    'file_mode' => 420,
    'user' => '',
    'group' => '',

To solve this… I ended up making a second installation on the server and merged the original file structures permissions that where established on the initial install.

The magical extra bit I do believe that was needed to be done was in the :

Admin->Repair->Rebuild Relationships

All good… Whoo hoo. “Undefined” value labels are now gone!

Igniting Fireworks :fireworks:

Time passes…

ohh ohh more issues… Continued Post Here