Quote Discount Approvals

Hello,

We wanted to design a workflow, where quote will go to certain approvals depending on % discount offered while preparing the quote when click on save button.

Let me elaborate.
for Eg: We have 2 line items in the quote .
Product A - MSRP 100 USD/unit
Product B - MSRP 200 USD/unit

Now a quote is been prepared where 1 qty of each is added so without discount Grand Total is 300 USD but sales person are allowed to offer 15% discount themselves and anything above requires below approval hierarchy

1. Upto 15% discount on grand total - Sales Person (person who is preparing the quote)
  2. from 15% - 20% discount on grand total- Sales Person Manager
  3. From >20% discount on grand total- Regional Head Approval

Any quote should trigger this chain of hierarchy to approve before quote is approved.
Please note for any quote which is triggered to regional head approval should be prior be approved by Sales person manager.
Can we do via workflow and if yes please explain the procedure how to do it?
Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the Community! :tada:

I fear that the conditional logic might be too elaborate for a Workflow, you might have to do it with Logic hooks, where you are in PHP code and have complete control.

But as a quick mock-up, maybe something like this:

A few points of concern:

1. I don’t know if the discount field is saved as 15 or 0.15, you’ll have to check

2. The action is to assign the record to a user. You’ll have to complement this with Security Suite settings so that this effectively removes records from the lists of the lower workers and moves them to the managers.

You’ll have to explore yourself, I am just giving you a start… :slight_smile: