Make a quick vote 🗳 ️How do you refer to SuiteCRM extensions: add-ons or plug-ins? Click here to have your say 👈

Quick repair and rebuild with custom folder

Hey there, hope this is the right forum.

I am pretty new to SuiteCRM and having a bit of a problem over here. I am trying to create a copy of an already existing install. Said install includes relevant files in the custom folder. As such, I got a copy of that custom folder, dumped it into my local copy and tried to repair and rebuild, which, as far as I understand it, should apply the changes in those files to my system.
However, the repair seems to always hang at “Rebuilding Extensions…”. The relevant changes do not seem to apply.

Potentially relevant information:
SuiteCRM version: 7.11.15
PHP version: 7.3.33

The repair page shows the following (Audit tables part is fine)

Clearing Vardefs from cache…done

Clearing language files from cache…done

Clearing Template files from cache…done

Clearing JS files from cache…done

Clearing Vardefs from cache…done

Clearing JS Language files from cache…done

Clearing language files from cache…done

Clearing SuiteCRM Dashlet files from cache…done

Clearing SuiteCRM Feed Cache…done

Clearing Smarty templates from cache…done

Clearing Theme Cache…done

Clearing XML files from cache…done

Clearing Unified Search Cache…done

Clearing External API Cache File…done

Rebuilding Extensions…

Rebuilding Include…
Rebuilding Language…en_us
Rebuilding ActionViewMap…
Rebuilding ActionFileMap…
Rebuilding ActionReMap…
Rebuilding Administration…
Rebuilding EntryPointRegistry…
Rebuilding Extensions…
Rebuilding FileAccessControlMap…
Rebuilding Layoutdefs…
Rebuilding GlobalLinks…
Rebuilding LogicHooks…
Rebuilding Menus…
Rebuilding Include…
Rebuilding ScheduledTasks…
Rebuilding UserPage…
Rebuilding Utils…
Rebuilding Vardefs…
Rebuilding JSGroupings…
Rebuilding Actions…
Rebuilding DC Actions…
Rebuilding RelationshipsRebuilding TableDictionary…
Updating the admin warning message…

The log files show nothing all too interesting (Some googling tells me those are not actually FATAL and commonly show up on QR&R for this version):

Wed May 11 08:19:27 2022 [21][1][FATAL] Cannot find bean file for module: Connectors
Wed May 11 08:19:27 2022 [21][1][FATAL] Cannot find bean file for module: Connectors
Wed May 11 08:19:27 2022 [21][1][FATAL] Cannot find bean file for module: Versions
Wed May 11 08:19:27 2022 [21][1][FATAL] Cannot find bean file for module: Versions
Wed May 11 08:19:27 2022 [21][1][FATAL] Cannot find bean file for module: CustomFields
Wed May 11 08:19:27 2022 [21][1][FATAL] Cannot find bean file for module: CustomFields

Any suggestions are greatly welcome.

Maybe your old installation had Module builder modules? These would be found on the modules directory, not custom/modules. You’ll have to take a look at the default installation to see if you have any additional directories.

Other than that, I would look into those FATALs, if your process is getting interrupted, that’s a real problem. I don’t know what you Googled but I’d question if it’s right…

Also check ownership and permissions problems, these are typical when moving stuff around, and SuiteCRM needs to be able to read (to find files) and to write (the consolidated files created in the QR&R)

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe your old installation had Module builder modules?

No, at least not as far as I am aware. I’m assuming they’d pop up in the relevant menu of the admin panel (I don’t actually have access to the files and the original admin is out for a few weeks), and all we got there is a language extension.

Permissions

Should have been fine too, but I just ugo rwx’d them to be sure. Didn’t change a thing, sadly.

That leaves me with the FATALs. What I was referring to was an old GitHub issue (7.11.15/7.10.27 [FATAL] Cannot find bean file for module: ____ · Issue #8795 · salesagility/SuiteCRM · GitHub) about this behavior. That does, obviously, not completely rule out that they are linked to my problem. Hadn’t found anything to fix it the first time I looked into it (that’s how I stumbled upon that GitHub issue), but that was rather shallow, admittedly. I suppose, in lieu of other ideas, I’ll look into those again.

Ah! That’s me writing that GitHub issue… I’d forgotten all about it :man_facepalming:

Check your PHP logs (php_errors.log). You probably have some broken PHP somewhere.

Try to bifurscate the root-cause: ie - copy only HALF of the modules in the custom folder and try again.
And continue removing / adding 1/2s then 1/4s as you discover which ones seem to work OK< and which not.

1 Like