Quick Create (Change Assigned To...)

On Accounts, there is a subpanel for Opportunities. I wanted to try and Create an Opportunity using the Quick Create, and as I can see the Assigned To: field is showing the current logged in user. I wanted to actually use the current Assigned To of the current Account instead of current logged in. I tried changing some values on root/modules/Opportunities/OpportunitiesQuickCreate.php but it is not changing anything. Is this possible?

1. Do quick repair and rebuild from admin dashboard. (Admin → System → Repair → Quick Repair and Rebuild)

2. Did you try to change code here?
    root/custom/modules/Opportunities/OpportunitiesQuickCreate.php

Tried Quick Repair and Rebuild but it is still not working

(My custom directory does not have a OpportunitiesQuickCreate.php that is why I’m changing the actual file

Maybe, you could copy and paste file there and check.

I also tried editing the root/modules/Opportunities/views/view.edit.php, when I tried to show a debug function, it is showing the debug but if I tried changing adding this:

$this->ss->assign(‘ASSIGNED_USER_ID’, ‘sample_ID’);

it is still not showing. (This is also the function I tried on my OpportunitiesQuickCreate.php

I tried adding this function on my OpportunitiesQuickCreate.php

$GLOBALS[‘log’]->fatal(‘test’);

and it is not showing on my debugging, maybe it is not the correct file to touch? I’m confuse as to what file to touch in this scenario

Found a solution, I used jquery instead. I put it before the return $str on the display() function of the file: root/include/EditView/EditView2.php

if($this->returnModule == 'Accounts' && $this->module == 'Opportunities') {
     $data = BeanFactory::getBean($this->returnModule, $this->returnId);
     if($data->id) {
        $user = BeanFactory::getBean('Users', $data->assigned_user_id);

$str .= "
        <script>
           $(function() {
               $('input#assigned_user_name').val('{$user->first_name} {$user->last_name}');
               $('input#assigned_user_id').val('{$user->id}');
           });
           </script>";
       }
   }

This will only work on Accounts detail view Opportunities subpanel

It is probably possible to make that upgrade-safe by overriding the display function (or pre_display might be better) just for the view you want to change.

See this for help

https://docs.suitecrm.com/developer/views/#_customising

1 Like