Project Templates

Hi,
I just did a fresh install of SuiteCRM 7.2 and also had the same issue that only the first 2 tasks that were entered into the Project Template list were created into the Project.

I checked the suitecrm.log file and the error listed was:

Tue Mar 31 23:55:43 2015 [19965][1][FATAL] DATE:2015-04-11
Tue Mar 31 23:55:43 2015 [19965][1][FATAL] DATE:2015-04-11
Tue Mar 31 23:55:43 2015 [19965][1][FATAL] DATE:

Not particularly revealing… one thing that might be relevant is the date format I am using is Australian.

Another puzzling thing is the order of the Tasks in the Project Template is irregular as shown in the following screen grab.

Even though the Tasks were entered sequentially, Task 1, Task 2, etc… the order of appearance during their creation jumped around. For the first 2 tasks they were in reverse order (i.e. Task 2, then Task 1). Afterwards they jumped around. The final order is shown in the screen capture above. There does not seem to be a way to get them into an appropriate order in the template. The fields for Task Number and Order do not seem to do anything. I read in another post somewhere on a SugarCRM site that these fields are no longer used and instead the Task ID field is used now, but the Task ID field does not appear in the SuiteCRM version of the Project Template.

I did some more debugging and turned on the error logging in SuiteCRM by going to Admin > System Settings > Logger Settings > Log Level = Debug. I have attached a portion of the log file to this post as a file, for anyone that is interested. There are multiple errors that are listed such as:

[ERROR] Index doesn’t exists in the specified directory.

Wed Apr 1 00:22:35 2015 [19963][1][DEBUG] SugarBean[ProjectTask].load_relationships, Loading relationship (project_name_link).
Wed Apr 1 00:22:35 2015 [19963][1][ERROR] Unable to get proper side for link project_name_link

Wed Apr 1 00:22:35 2015 [19963][1][INFO] Query:SELECT * FROM am_tasktemplates
WHERE id
IN (
SELECT am_tasktemplates_am_projecttemplatesam_tasktemplates_idb
FROM am_tasktemplates_am_projecttemplates_c
WHERE am_tasktemplates_am_projecttemplatesam_projecttemplates_ida = ‘d944636e-4ebf-8237-8138-551a9d12416a’
AND deleted =0
)
AND deleted =0
ORDER BY am_tasktemplates.order_number ASC
Wed Apr 1 00:22:35 2015 [19963][1][INFO] Query Execution Time:0.0004119873046875
Wed Apr 1 00:22:35 2015 [19963][1][FATAL] DATE:2015-04-12

The last [FATAL] error seems to be the killer one that as shown above, will execute this code twice to create two new Tasks from the Project Template, but then freezes on the third attempt to add the task.

This is a listed bug on gitHub issue #175

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/202

Hi,

We are using SuiteCRM v7.3.1 and find that a similat issue persists.

We have a Project Templated with multiple tasks [more than 6]. While creating a Project from the Project Template, errors are thrown. Refer to the attachment for more details.

We tried doing a Repair and Build but no luck :[

Thanks,
Sunil

Well, it works after introducing order into the tasks. !

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi Andy,

We are attempting to trigger a project to be created from the project template of our choosing using a workflow. There is no way I can see to do this. If the logic was there to trigger project template tasks to be assigned to a newly created project workflow it could invoke the result I am looking to automate.

Do you have any suggestions to automate a project with predefined tasks being created by a workflow that is watching opportunities that are set to a particular status.

ie. Opp is set to “closed won” > workflow creates a project and associates a project template > which applies a list of predefined Project Tasks to it.

same problem here. If i try to set a project template via workflow then i get only the project and not any tasks.
I have a bunch of errors in my log like this:

[Mon Nov 30 21:43:38 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Notice: Undefined index: Products in public_html/modules/AOW_WorkFlow/aow_utils.php on line 170, referer: index.php
[Mon Nov 30 21:43:38 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Notice: Undefined index: Products in public_html/modules/AOW_WorkFlow/aow_utils.php on line 170, referer: http://crm.recensionilibri.org/index.php
[Mon Nov 30 21:44:16 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarApplication::redirect() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /public_html/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php on line 495, referer: ndex.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:19 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SugarFieldMultienum::displayFromFunc() should be compatible with SugarFieldEnum::displayFromFunc($displayType, $parentFieldArray, $vardef, $displayParams, $tabindex = 0) in public_html/include/SugarFields/Fields/Multienum/SugarFieldMultienum.php on line 43, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:19 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SugarFieldMultienum::save() should be compatible with SugarFieldBase::save($bean, $params, $field, $properties, $prefix = ‘’) in public_html/include/SugarFields/Fields/Multienum/SugarFieldMultienum.php on line 43, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Notice: Undefined property: AOS_Quotes::$subtotal_tax_amount in public_html/modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/AOS_Utils.php on line 41, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method SecurityGroup::retrieveDefaultGroups() should not be called statically in public_html/modules/SecurityGroups/SecurityGroup.php on line 216, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Relationship::get_other_module() should not be called statically in public_html/modules/SecurityGroups/SecurityGroup.php on line 345, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Relationship::retrieve_by_modules() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in public_html/modules/AOW_Actions/actions/actionCreateRecord.php on line 105, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method SecurityGroup::retrieveDefaultGroups() should not be called statically in public_html/modules/SecurityGroups/SecurityGroup.php on line 216, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Relationship::get_other_module() should not be called statically in public_html/modules/SecurityGroups/SecurityGroup.php on line 345, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Relationship::retrieve_by_modules() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in public_html/modules/AOW_Actions/actions/actionCreateRecord.php on line 105, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Notice: Undefined property: AOS_Line_Item_Groups::$subtotal_tax_amount in /public_html/modules/AOS_Products_Quotes/AOS_Utils.php on line 41, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui
[Mon Nov 30 21:45:20 2015] [error] [client 79.55.247.96] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method SugarApplication::redirect() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in public_html/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php on line 495, referer: index.php?action=ajaxui

It was never meant to be used with workflow in that way. You would have to custom code that functionality yourself at the moment.

With regards to the errors, they are only notices and strict standard errors. As has been said before in these forums many times you should turn off all but fatal errors in your php.ini when running SuiteCRM.

Hey Andy,

Nice work!

Just wondering: is it possible to add relationships to project task templates (or project templates) and have these prefilled upon creating a new project from project template?
Specifically this would be great for the supertimesheet module (“involved employees”), as well as SecurityGroups memberships, and others perhaps…

I have exactly the same problem with a new clean install of SuiteCRM. 500 error.

Good Morning.
I am using SuiteCRM 7.5.3 and i was wondering about something regarding to the Project Templates.
I created a Project Template and some Project tasks for this.
When I choose to create a new Project based on This Project Template i can’t figure how can i Assign this new Project to a Specific Account. The general idea of a Project template is to save us time and actually it does, but the meaning of this is to be able to control the Project within the account area.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Hi Andy,

I am also having a headache on how to do this. :pinch: Here is what I am aiming for:

I am trying to create a workflow that every time an opportunity is created, it will automatically create a project and under the project will also create a workflow of multiple project tasks. All via workflow so it will created automatically.

So Opportunity
- Project
- Project Task
- Task no. 1
- Task no. 2
- Task no. 3

And all of them will go in one blow every time an opportunity is created according to a specific opportunity name like ex. Service One.

I have created a project template for Service One with all those task numbers but none of them are showing up when I create the project. Sometimes only task no. 2 shows up, not all of them.

I hope you can help me with this or suggest what to do. I don’t know where I am missing and been trying to do trial and error on this problem for a week now and no success. :frowning:

Thanks

Where is the Create Project button on the Project Template view supposed to be? Running 7.7 and I can’t see any button or menu option for it using Chrome and SuiteP or SuiteR themes.

I just started with 7.7.8 and it took me a while to figure this out. go to your project templates page and click on your template. then click on the “view details” button. now you can click on the “down arrow” next to the “Edit” button and you will see the “create project” selection.

This is a little squirrely to me. It would make more sense to me to have a “create from project template” on the “Projects” action drop down.

1 Like