Thanks.

Hi There,
Everyone try use: AlineaSol Project Management
http://www.sugarforge.org/frs/?group_id=948
Hope to receive comments from people :slight_smile:
Thank!

1 Like

Hi Dinhaidang,

I tried to install AlineaSol Project Management v 2.0 for SugarCRM Community edition, on SuiteCRM 7.1.2 (newest version).

Progress bar went to 100%, then I received “database failure. Please refer to sugarcrm.log for details.”

Installing Language Packs
Rebuilding Language...en_us
Rebuilding Language...sp_ve
Rebuilding Language...es_es
Installing layoutdefs extension
Installing vardefs extension
Rebuilding ActionViewMap...
Rebuilding ActionFileMap...
Rebuilding ActionReMap...
Rebuilding Administration...
Rebuilding EntryPointRegistry...
Rebuilding Extensions...
Rebuilding FileAccessControlMap...
Rebuilding Layoutdefs...
Rebuilding GlobalLinks...
Rebuilding LogicHooks...
Rebuilding Menus...
Rebuilding Include...
Rebuilding ScheduledTasks...
Rebuilding UserPage...
Rebuilding Utils...
Rebuilding Vardefs...
Rebuilding JSGroupings...
Rebuilding Actions...
Installing Images
Installing Relationships
Rebuilding Vardefs...
Rebuilding Layoutdefs...
Rebuilding TableDictionary...
Repair Sugar Modules:
Repair Roles...
No ACL modules found that needed to be removedAdding for asol_Project
Adding for asol_ProjectVersion
Adding for asol_ProjectTask

Done.
Installing Bean : asol_Project
Installing Bean : asol_ProjectTask
Installing Bean : asol_ProjectVersion
Database failure. Please refer to sugarcrm.log for details.

Sugarcrm.log:

Thu Jul 10 16:42:53 2014 [6998][1][FATAL]  Query Failed:  ALTER TABLE aor_fields CHANGE function field_function VARCHAR( 100 ): MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'function' in 'aor_fields'
Mon Jul 14 14:52:53 2014 [2175][1][FATAL] Retrieving record by id config:17ec6afe-8896-b338-d917-53c4514a770e found  Query Failed: SELECT config.* FROM config  WHERE config.id = '17ec6afe-8896-b338-d917-53c4514a770e' AND config.deleted=0 LIMIT 0,1: MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'config.id' in 'where clause'

Any idea what exactly caused this error ?

How to fix these 2 “unknown column” errors in the database?

Hi ChrisC,
This is the case I was caught :(.
You can refer to this link:
http://suitecrm.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=10&id=1657&mesid=6853&Itemid=1136
Thank!

Hi dinhaidang,

That post refers to the config.id / config.deleted error.

What about this other error when installing Alinea Sol Projects, what’s the cause ?

Thu Jul 10 16:42:53 2014 [6998][1][FATAL]  Query Failed:  ALTER TABLE aor_fields CHANGE function field_function VARCHAR( 100 ): MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'function' in 'aor_fields'

Can you guys start your own thread about AlineaSol Project Management.

Also you probably wont be able to install that module once my project Management module is part of SuiteCRM the two will most likely conflict.

Hi andy,
I have tested on version 7.1.1, it is still ok and works well. But since the upgrade to version 7.1.2 error appeared (as already mentioned) when installing module.
Is this case errors are recorded on this new version?
Thank you!

It sounds like you are progressing nicely on the project module … any eta on a release?

Hi Andy, any news on the release for this, as I am deciding when I should roll out suite for my company, and this looks like it may be worth holding back for.

Kind Regards

Jay

Shouldn’t be long now before an initial release, I am almost ready to had it over to the team here for review. I don’t have definite ETA on when it will be out yet. though.

A lot more work had to go into this than I initially thought when undertaking the project.

Thanks for the swift reply Andy, sounds like it is progressing well, think we will hold on a little longer, as this is looking fantastic :slight_smile:

Hey Andy,

I’m doing some basic work on the project module, and want to make sure what I do is compatible with your changes.

First, in addition to the existing many-many relationship between project & account, I want to assign a primary account to every project. Similar to the primary account for an opportunity or a case. Will that conflict with anything you’re doing?

Hi Andy,

How’s your project coming along? Looking forward to finally seeing a working solution.

Thanks,

Yianni

Its has been handed over to the guys putting together the suite releases so up to them when they release it. But as for the installable module version I basically just need to get off my butt and make the installer.

1 Like

Hi Guys, is there any possibility that some of us can beta-test Andy’s new code?

Hi Andy

Very well done on your Project Management module, we’ll certainly be looking to use it once it comes on stream.

I anticipate that the focus right now is on Pushing the kickstarter campaign, and getting that to be successful.

I will rest that the PM Module will come on stream in due course, and focus my efforts elsewhere.

Really looking forward to playing with it.

Thanks again

Meanwhile - I am off to push the Kickstarter campaign ( Which if your reading this, then stop and go and post promotion links to help raise awareness, and funds )

1 Like

Did you get anywhere with the ability to export project gantt charts or project data?

Not that I am aware, no attempt has been made to implement that by myself and I don’t think any one else on the team has looked at it.

Ok. Just checking as you discussed exportable formats earlier in the thread.

Anyone know of a project based extension that will work with the latest crm version. I want to use the project module but need to view all projects in one gantt and potentially manage resources but as this seems beyond crm I’m happy to export and manage this externally.

HI

The Gantt function operates on a per project basis. I am not aware of a way to aggregate them in to a Single Gantt at this point. That would be a cool feature though!

Resource usage is available from the Projects Menu “Resource Chart”

This charts all resources across all projects and is really useful, definetly worth checking out.

I believe there was some discussion of doing some form of Export, I haven’t seen any more on that, but I would think MS Project and / or ProjectLibre would be useful.

HTH