Problems with SuiteCRM installation

Hi everybody!

I just started to get into the CRM business, and I cannot seem to get SuiteCRM to work on my computer.

I have established a WAMP server on my computer and I can turn that on, then when I move the SuiteCRM into the ā€œwwwā€ folder (localhost) and try to access it, I get this error:

01/19/16 15:12:26 [8800][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as user. port : Access denied for user ā€˜ā€™@ā€˜localhostā€™ to database ā€˜suitecrmā€™
01/23/16 15:36:33 [8800][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as user. port : Access denied for user ā€˜ā€™@ā€˜localhostā€™ to database ā€˜suitecrmā€™

Any ideas what could be causing this, or even better, how to fix this?

Thanks in advance, T750

Sounds like a permission problem with the DB user, have you given the user full privileges?

Any ideas how I could do that? I am more or less new to the whole CRM systems, and to WAMP aswell. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the input!

Regards, T750

Sorry I have very little experience with WAMP as I use WHM / Cpanel.

Have you created the database yet? If so was it using phpmyAdmin?

Sorry for late reply, I was away for a week now.

Anyhow, I am not sure. What I did was, I moved the suiteCRM folder into the www folder of the WAMP (itā€™s like the folder where you keep your files). I then go to localhost (enter it into my browser) and click on SuiteCRM (to open those files), but it always results in an error.

How do I create a database and what is it for?

Regards, T750

Here is a screenshot of the errors I get:

I am running this on Win10, 2.4.9 APACHE, 5.5.12 PHP and 5.6.17 MySQL.

upload

Any ideas how to get rid of the problem?

In your local folder www start by renaming the folder that will hold SuiteCRM. Then run installer.
You can use any name you want, just do not use spaces and special letters (make it simple).

Note: start to install the more recent suiteCRM not an old version like you did.
Go to download are of this site to get the latest version

1 Like

Thank you very much, I have now downloaded the most recent version there is.

Now I get the error:

ā€œNo valid themes are found on this instanceā€.

It occurs as soon as I try to open the suiteCRM folder on wamp.

It wouldnā€™t let me edit the post so I just decided to reply.

I have fixed everything now and have it installed. Thank you very much for your support guys, I appreciate it an awful lot! :slight_smile:

The thing is, when I was unzipping the SuiteCRM thingy, it was overwriting the themes (the staff should take a look at that as it may be an issue that didnā€™t only happen to me) so I didnā€™t have any left after!

Again, thank you for all your support. :slight_smile:

Regards, T750

1 Like