Problems upgrading from 7.0 to 7.0.1

This is what I get:

Sugar CRM 6.5.16 Files May Only Be Used With A Sugar CRM 6.5.16 Database.

The previous installation was a clean 7.0 SuiteCRM.

Regards,

David

Hi kamborio,

Did the installer complete successfully? Did you get any white screens or errors? Your reference to the SugarCRM version may be wrong so you may have to change this in the config.php file, or alternatively the config table in the database.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

What installer? install.php?

What I’ve do is unzipped it over the previous installation and that error is all I got. Does it have to be done differently?

Regards,

David Perez

P.S. I’ve never used SugarCRM, went straight to SuitCRM last Saturday, so still learning.

Hi kamborio,

Did you upgrade from 7.0 to 7.0.1 using the ugrade wizard? Did it complete successfully? Did you get any errors when going through the upgrade steps?

Thanks,

Will.

Hello,

This is probably where I am lost. What is the upgrade Wizard and how do I run it?

Regards,

David Perez

Hold on… just found it in the admin section! Duh!

Let’s see if I can run it.

David

Hi David,

Navigate to Admin -> Upgrade Wizard. Follow the onscreen steps. When you are required to upload a package, upload the SuiteCRM upgrade package.

Thanks,

Will.

Will,

thank you for your help. I’ve managed to upgrade. Just in case some other newbie like me comes around looking for answers like myself, I’ll mention what I did:

a) SuiteCRM is different to other webapps, to perform an upgrade you cannot just unzip the new full release into the server folder (like for example, wordpress), you will need to download the upgrade package to your computer and use the Upgrade Wizard.

b) Once you have downloaded the upgrade package, make sure that all the files of your installation are writable.

c) Go to Admin -> Upgrade Wizard. Follow the onscreen steps, at some point you will be asked to provide the upgrade package that you downloaded before.

d) If the upgrade completes successfully, you can remove the write permission (except for those files/folders that require it, such as “cache”, etc.)

David