Problems restoring crashed server

Hi all,

Hope someone may have some ideas on how I could proceed with a sticky one. I am helping out with a crashed server that had an operational 7.2.2 version running. The DB resides on a separate MSSQL box so the data survived intact. My plan was to build the same environment as per the crashed server then restore.
Windows 2008R2 SP1
IIS 7.5
SuiteCRM 7.2.2
PHP 7.2

I was hoping to then run the installer and create an install, then restore the DB but I cannot get the SuiteCRM installer to complete correctly.
Basically I get most of the process complete and it says its done but it doesnt create the full DB structure. I wondered if there was an issue with the SQL connection to the remote server so installed SQL Express on the same box as the SuiteCRM to test as localhost but get the same result.
The installer confirmation page shows everything is OK at step 7 but seems to hang on the final page 8. Trying to access this system results in a “Database failure. Please refer to sugarcrm.log for details.” which shows a bunch of ODBC errors about incorrect fields. See below.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Fri Oct 25 10:45:32 2019 [3156][-none-][FATAL] Query Failed:SELECT * FROM fields_meta_data WHERE custom_module=N’Users’ AND deleted = 0::: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Invalid object name ‘fields_meta_data’.
Fri Oct 25 10:45:32 2019 [3156][-none-][FATAL] Query Failed:SELECT * FROM fields_meta_data WHERE custom_module=N’Employees’ AND deleted = 0::: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Invalid object name ‘fields_meta_data’.

Hi,

To me it looks like you are using a modified version to do the installation. If that is the case I’ll recommend you to download your version from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/suitecrm/files/

Then you can copy the custom folder from your old installation and do a quick repair & Rebuild. That will recreate the custom fields you might have created on the standard modules. For your custom modules you might need to reinstall them or in the worse of the cases Recreate them.

Once that is in place, you should be able to import your old DB.

Thanks,

AlxGr

1 Like

Thanks for your reply but I found the issue.
I had been told and it looked to be correct that the suite version was 7.2.2 however I found in a support folder a downloaded version 7.10.4 so I tired using that version to connect to the DB and bingo, it works.
Seems someone had upgraded the version but forgotten to update the docs and folder names.

I’m glad you figured it out!