Problems logging into SuiteCRM8

Hi
I have done a fresh install of suitecrm8 on CentOS7 with mysql 5.7.33, installation was clean. When I try to login it says login credentials incorrect. Following are the entries in the prod.log

[2022-04-08 07:06:49] request.INFO: Matched route “app_login”. {“route”:“app_login”,“route_parameters”:{"_route":“app_login”,"_controller":“App\Authentication\Controller\SecurityController::login”},“request_uri”:“http://crm.cogencis.com/login",“method”:"POST”} []
[2022-04-08 07:06:49] security.DEBUG: Checking for guard authentication credentials. {“firewall_key”:“main”,“authenticators”:1} []
[2022-04-08 07:06:49] security.DEBUG: Checking support on guard authenticator. {“firewall_key”:“main”,“authenticator”:“App\Security\LoginFormAuthenticator”} []
[2022-04-08 07:06:49] security.DEBUG: Calling getCredentials() on guard authenticator. {“firewall_key”:“main”,“authenticator”:“App\Security\LoginFormAuthenticator”} []
[2022-04-08 07:06:49] security.DEBUG: Passing guard token information to the GuardAuthenticationProvider {“firewall_key”:“main”,“authenticator”:“App\Security\LoginFormAuthenticator”} []
[2022-04-08 07:06:49] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException: “An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory” at /var/www/html/SuiteCRM8/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 112 {“exception”:"[object] (Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException(code: 0): An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /var/www/html/SuiteCRM8/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:112, Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDO\Exception(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /var/www/html/SuiteCRM8/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDO/Exception.php:18, PDOException(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /var/www/html/SuiteCRM8/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40)"} []

I have verified that mysqlnd, PDO and pdo_mysql are already enabled in php,ini and loaded in memory when I run the command php -m.

The admin password does not have any special characters, just letters and numerals.

However using the same admin credential I am able to login to http://suitecrm/legacy/index.php

Regards
Milind N Patil

Hi, I have the same problem.
How did you solve it?
Thank you