Problem of permissions installing language package

Hi every body

I am new on Suite CRM, so I need somme help, please.
I followed exactly your tutorial to install french package but I have an error with permissions.

Warning: copy(/var/www/html/xxx/suitecrm/./upgrade/scripts/fr_FR.lang.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/xxx/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeWizard_commit.php on line 271
Could not copy file cache/upgrades/temp/CmBfDs/./upgrade/scripts/fr_FR.lang.php to /var/www/html/xxx/suitecrm/./upgrade/scripts/fr_FR.lang.php

I applied the same permissions given in the doc for setup that are 0775 for cache, custom, modules, themes, data, and upload config_override.php

I was able to install and other package, so I don’t understand why it does’t work. What can I check to solve the issue, please?

Thank you for your help

its also worth checking that the files are owned by the correct user, which should be the same user that runs as Apache.

Thank you for your fast reply.

I don’t know how to check this since the zip file uploaded has to be moved to the folder cache/upgrades/temp/ and is not.

How can I know why it is not moved there?

Thank you for your help

If you enter this command on the command line it should tell you what user Apache runs as:

ps aux | egrep ‘(apache|httpd)’

For me (and with most standard Ubuntu set ups) the apache user is www-data so I’d run the following command from inside the SuiteCRM directory to make sure all files are owned by that user:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .

I can’t stress enough, before you run the above command, please make sure you are in the Suite directory as otherwise you risk changing ownership of files for the whole server and completely messing it up.

To see the current file permissions/ownership in your suite directory you can run the following command:

ls -hal

Hope that helps. If your file permissions are correct the only reason I could think of that would prevent Suite copying the files is the is the ownership of the directory being wrong or your servers hard drive being full.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply

Every folder and file in my SuiteCRM folder belong to www-data:www-data. My server run on Debian 8.

The hard disk is very far to be full (306.23 GB used, 879.67 GB total)

I am afraid this is not the problem :frowning: