Portions of the AOS_xxx modules show undefined labels

I am opening a new topic because all the other topics about undefined labels do not apply.
Environment:

• Host: Google Cloud Platform
  • SuiteCRM version: 7.11.3 (installed from github)
  • Path of install: /srv/suitecrm/
  • PHP version: 7.3.3-1…
  • MySQL version: 5.7.25

I installed SuiteCRM from Github using version 7.10.11 by cloning that branch. This was done back in early Feb 2019. I was using just the basics of it, trying to learn what it could do for me. I breifly touched on the AOS modules.
The end of March I dived in to use it for invoicing, but I was still on 7.10.11. So I upgraded (using the upgrade zip files from the SuiteCRM web site) to 7.10.13 then 7.10.15. Then I jumped to 7.11.3.

I noticed that when I try to add line items to an invoice or a quote, the column labels for the product or service are all undefined.
When I go into Studio, the left hand column header (for Modules) is undefined.

THIS IS NOT A PERMISSIONS ISSUE!
I have manually run the chown and chmod commands documented on the install guide many times. I have done quick repairs. I have the chperms.php file in the root of the install. In verbose mode it runs in about 2 seconds and lists all the changes to permissions.

Earlier today I did a backup of the files (BTW that is a neat feature), copied the config_override.php and config.php files to my home directory.
I then cleared the install directory. I then used git to pull from origin/master to get a clean copy of 7.11.3. I ran composer update. ran chown and chmod as documented. copied the config files back. Logged into SuiteCRM and the undefined lables still occur in the AOS modules.

I have set logging to DEBUG and have looked at the logs. I have tailed the suitecrm log and watched it roll past. No exception logged. The only WARN I see is “CSS File Night/yui.css not found”

What additional information is needed to work on this bug???

You shouldn’t run “composer update”, that can install components with versions newer than the ones we specify in composer.json.

Always run “composer install” to update stuff. This is not intuitive, I know.

Please post here

https:/pasteboard.co

screenshots of your missing labels. If you don’t have a generic permissions issue, you might have some actual, specific labels missing. We can go hunting for them if I know which are they.

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the links from pasteboard.co:
I8pMPbd.jpg About
I8pHAj8.jpg UpgradeWizard
I8pIa6q.jpg Studio_1
I8pIwBA.jpg Studio_2
I8pIXcz.jpg ModuleBuilder
I8pJiUN.jpg Invoice_1
I8pJByl.jpg Invoice_2
I8pKi5d.jpg InvoiceCancel

Quotes are the same as invoices.

I8pLeIg.jpg DocumentCancel. This works fine.

@pgr
I have resolved the problem by

• saving the database data
  • copying the config files to my logged in user home directory
  • clearing the directory where SuiteCRM was installed on the server
  • doing a git pull from master to get 7.11.3
  • create a new empty database
  • chown and chmod as per install instructions
  • run the install.php
  • empty the new database and restore my data from the old.

The product now works properly, and all the labels have definitions.
I can only conclude that the way I did the original install and the upgrades messed it up.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my posts.
Consider this closed as a user error. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you help me too with this undefined labels problem i’m get as well ? Thanks :slight_smile:

@mobinyasin start your own thread and give more information please.

https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/18836-guidelines-to-post-in-these-forums

Thanks!