Popup Filter (remove or disable)

I have just downloaded and installed Version 7.11.20 Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344) to see if it will suit my purposes. So far it appears that it might if not for a few pretty damning problems - the worst of which is that damn popup advanced filter! Is there any way to disable or remove it? It’s slow and clunky, hideously ugly, and it doesn’t work (can’t select from it).

I also don’t seem to be able to add a role to a group because popup stuff doesn’t want to work for me at all which makes me wonder what’s going on.

Has this happened to anyone else with an ‘out of the box’ install? Is there a setting I need to turn on?

I’ve applied #7402 - Popup selects are broken with no success (yep, did the repair thing to it).

What am I missing?

Hi @RachelR,

Welcome to the community!!!

It takes time to adapt to a new system. I won’t recommend to remove the advanced filter as it is useful once you start adding data to your system.

Regarding the roles and groups, I recommend you to read the following posts:

https://www.sugaroutfitters.com/docs/securitysuite/example-of-a-typical-setup

Also check your system for compatibility issues:

Thanks for the response. I don’t have an issue understanding roles and groups - I just literally cannot do anything because the popups aren’t working. All compatible, so not sure what the problem is. I tried on different screens to see if it was just a visibility issue, but no it appears it just doesn’t want to play nice! Never mind, it was a great learning curve - I hadn’t tried out SuiteCRM before. I enjoyed it.

Do you see labels appearing as undefined in several different places, in several different screens?

That’s a sign of a common issue, permissions problems.

1 Like

No, I haven’t seen anything like that.

Ok.

Other ideas for diagnostic:

• try a different browser
  • try the SuiteCRM live demo to find out if the problem is just in your installation

yes, u need to add your repo name in rewriteBase present in .htaccess file