PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in

Seems to get alots of errors on my suitecrm install. The program is very slow and crashes all the time. I use the latest version. Anyone have any ideers what might cause the crash? It seems suitecrm is not connecting correct with database as i get an error message saying that…

[26-Jan-2019 15:00:23 UTC] PHP Notice: Unknown: Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed. (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0
[26-Jan-2019 15:00:25 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: preview in /home/japibygg/intra.qlhus.se/download.php on line 242
[26-Jan-2019 15:02:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Unknown: Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed. (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0
[26-Jan-2019 15:02:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Unknown: Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed. (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0
[26-Jan-2019 15:02:03 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: preview in /home/japibygg/intra.qlhus.se/download.php on line 242
[26-Jan-2019 15:06:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mod_strings in /home/japibygg/intra.qlhus.se/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 410
[26-Jan-2019 15:06:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mod_strings in /home/japibygg/intra.qlhus.se/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 410
[26-Jan-2019 15:06:33 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/japibygg/intra.qlhus.se/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 410
[26-Jan-2019 15:06:33 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/japibygg/intra.qlhus.se/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 410

Which version of SuiteCRM is this?

If it is 7.11., please try 7.11.1 which should be coming out any day soon.

Don’t assume those errors in the log are your actual problem - maybe they are, maybe they aren’t.

IMAP errors authenticating are normally a wrong user and password, sometimes a refusal by your mail server to accept a “From” field that doesn’t match your actual email address.

I see these replies when I switch networks on my laptop, I think it perhaps has to do with a missing session key. However, any page generating such a PHP error is a potential back door for hackers to do injection attacks, so this needs to be patch.

If these errors are on screen, you should turn off display_errors in your php.ini, and restart web server.

It is not correct to say that a PHP error is an opportunity for an injection attack, or any other kind of security problem. Maybe in some case it is a symptom of something wrong that could eventually be exploited, but that would be a specific case, not something you can point to as a rule.