PDF Templates for AOS Contracts

I’ve got the same issue as several other posts in making the “Generate Letter” option for pdf templates available in Contracts and other custom modules. i’ve read the topics and have no idea what steps to take to insert ‘require_once(‘modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/formLetter.php’);’. There is not a view.detail.php for contracts or any of my custom modules and this directory doesn’t exist: /custom/modules//views/view.detail.php for any custom module.

Please help clear my confusion…

Hi dgreene,

Have you tried creating the view.detail.php and adding the following:

<?php
if(!defined('sugarEntry') || !sugarEntry) die('Not A Valid Entry Point');

require_once('include/MVC/View/views/view.detail.php');

class YourmoduleViewDetail extends ViewDetail {
require_once('modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/formLetter.php');
formLetter::DVPopupHtml('yourcustommodule');
}

Thanks,

Will.

What else needs to be in that file?

I created the file and only included the text you provided and my view for that module will not load. Obviously i’m missing something.

Hi dgreene,

Is there a standard detail view for the module? Can you base the custom detail view from that?

Thanks,

Will.

Ok, to clarify - i’m trying to get this to work with AOS_Contracts - which is SalesAgility’s module. As I indicated earlier, There is not a view.detail.php for contracts or any of my custom modules and this directory doesn’t exist: /custom/modules//views/view.detail.php for any custom module.

Forgive me, i’m not a programmer - I’m just trying to get this working as simply as possible.

Hi I have made this work with the following code ;

require_once(‘modules/CustomModule/views/view.detail.php’);

class CUstomModuleViewDetail extends ViewDetail{
public function display(){
global $sugar_config;

$aop_portal_enabled = !empty($sugar_config['aop']['enable_portal']);

$this->ss->assign("AOP_PORTAL_ENABLED", $aop_portal_enabled);

require_once('modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/formLetter.php');
    formLetter::DVPopupHtml('CustomModule');

parent::display();
}

}

The PopUp come up with the list of templates however when I click to create the template I get the following error :

Fatal error: Class ‘CustomModule’ not found in
…\modules\AOS_PDF_Templates\formLetterPdf.php on line 39

Any idea of what needs to be done ?