PDF-Template is Empty

I was creating a pdf template everything was working fine. But now when I try to create it gives this error There was an error processing your request, please try again at a later time. As well as I’m unable to edit, the document is blank

Check both your logs.

You probably have a PHP fatal

I’m not seeing anything that’s off

Are you sure you’re looking at a PHP error log that is the correct one? Is it logging any messages at all?

These are the configurations you make in php.ini, directives error_log and error_reporting

I’m looking the suitecrm.log and it is logging messages but none that would indicate something wrong with pdf-templates

I know that suitecrm.log doesn’t have an answer for you, that’s why I’ve been directing you to the other log

But I’m not seeing those other logs

i’m not getting how that just happened all of a sudden and how to correct the issue

Maybe you’re skimming through the article I linked, and my reply above? I told you specifically where to go and check the logs configuration.

This is part of the basic initial set up of SuiteCRM, you really need to keep an eye on both logs to know what’s going on. But if you didn’t get that right when you started, now is a great time to spend some time on this. I guarantee you it is well spent.

So go check your php.ini and Google for any question you might have, there are thousands of pages on this subject.

; Log errors to specified file. PHP’s default behavior is to leave this value
; empty.
; http://php.net/error-log
; Example:
;error_log = php_errors.log
; Log errors to syslog (Event Log on Windows).
;error_log = syslog

That’s what I’m seeing in the php.ini

Lines that start with a semicolon ( ; )are comments, they have no effect.

Uncomment the php_errors directive

And check also the error_reporting directive.

I’m not seeing any error_reporting directive and I’ve uncommented this line ;error_log = php_errors.log

Without the logs it’s not possible to say how to fix it

[Thu Feb 18 13:36:12.275743 2021] [php7:error] [pid 9848:tid 1316] [client 192.168.5.12:62616] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\modules\\AOS_PDF_Templates\\views\\view.edit.php:105

Stack trace:
#0 C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\modules\\AOS_PDF_Templates\\views\\view.edit.php(32): AOS_PDF_TemplatesViewEdit->setFields()
#1 C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\include\\MVC\\View\\SugarView.php(226): AOS_PDF_TemplatesViewEdit->display()
#2 C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\include\\MVC\\Controller\\SugarController.php(435): SugarView->process()
#3 C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\include\\MVC\\Controller\\SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()
#4 C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\include\\MVC\\SugarApplication.php(113): SugarController->execute()
#5 C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()
#6 {main}\n  thrown in C:\\Bitnami\\suitecrm-7.11.2-0\\apps\\suitecrm\\htdocs\\modules\\AOS_PDF_Templates\\views\\view.edit.php on line 105, referer: 

That’s the error message I’m seeing

Cool, that’s something!

1. What is your version of SuiteCRM?
  2. What is your version of PHP?
  3. Can you share the contents of your template?

Version 7.11.2

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

I can’t open the template its blank and I can’t create a new one

You didn’t say your PHP version…

Can you get access to the database, via phpMyAdmin or similar? That way we could get to the template text. We’ll probably need it anyway, in order to clear up whatever is causing the bug…

PHP version…PHP 5.2.0

(It’s better if you provide all the requested information in a single post, it helps me save time - and mental confusion - when dealing with many users. Thanks)

Your PHP version is unsupported, as you can see here:

you need minimum 5.6, and I would recommend going straight for 7.3.

You can also consider updating SuiteCRM, you’re falling behind and a LOT of bugs have been fixed since 7.11.2…