Paid support on Version 7.10.30 Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

Hi All,

I’ve had an ongoing problem with sending emails from suitecrm’s own client, and sending out email templates. I’ve spent months on it. I’ve rebuilt the server everything worked fine, restore my Database into the working machine, then I can’t use email templates.

So I’ve got to the point where I need to pay someone to look at it for me. Unfortunately I run a very small business, just me and my wife, so I can’t afford the fees listed in the support contract.

Can anyone recommend someone to look at the problem for me?

Thanks

Julian

HI Julian
I guess you are stuck between two choices.
SuiteCRM is free but does take a good number of hours to tweak, overcome rough edges. And now again - serious tech help is needed.

So for teams of less than 2 or 3 users - it would be lower cost (time and money) to use a hosted CRM. There are many to choose from. Not as powerful, not as flexible but $10 or $30 a month and no worries!

When you work out how much your own time costs - it’s impossible to be running a business and not spend more than that on average each month with Suite to look after it.

Maybe look at the various hosted Suite-based CRMs.

UNLESS of course there is some powerful unique functionality that you can only get by uniquely configuring your own Suite - in which there is a business ROI to used professional paid for help to fix everything else in Suite - to support that higher aim -your unique configurtion/needs.

1 Like

Thanks for Replying DJuser.

I have particular requirements that mean I can’t put my data in the cloud. So I host it locally on my servers, plus I’ve spent the money and these servers will last for years. I jut need an expert to look at the database. I’m surprised how hard it is to find someone, and more importantly get a recommendation that they’re good.
I’m not really sure what I’ll do. I think I’ll install a new 8 server and try the DB on that

Hey @JulianHarmer :wave:

I understand where you’re coming from and having a look at the other topics you’ve posted I’m getting an idea of the trouble you’re experiencing.

Regards to seeking a developer for these small contracts of work we don’t serve a space here on the forums for that due to the whole reviewing and governance ( can of worms ). I can only suggest looking at platforms that do provide a good reviewing system for these paid contracts and go from there (fivver or upwork perhaps?) Ask for good examples, their activity within these forums, or stack overflow to demonstrate their SuiteCRM knowledge to help you gauge their expertise.
What is permitted in these forums is simply you stating you’re looking for a developer to help and allow others to contact you by alternative means (either having a skype or email address on your profile). We don’t allow services to be conducted within the forums, this includes PMs so please if you find someone here that you wish to progress further with then take it outside of the PMs. :slight_smile:

Of course the forums will help as much as possible and will continue to do so whilst you procure a developer.

Hi Samus-aran,

I think your on to something.

Here 's the f12 Browser results

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2
sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:2 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:2
ajax @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:2
s.ajax.s.ajax @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:6
S. @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:2
getJSON @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:2
check_favorite @ favorites.js:65
(anonymous) @ favorites.js:12
index.php:1 Launched external handler for ‘mailto:julianh@colliecomputing.com’.

At this point the external email client popped up fine.
I then changed the mail client to sugars from within the client.
I selected a contact, and clicked on their email address, the if I pressed send or delete, it failed, f12 showed me the following

EmailsComposeView.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:1394 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at EmailsComposeView.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:1394
(anonymous) @ EmailsComposeView.js?v=gzkr4jiT2RADGKa8grQNPQ:1394
jquery.qtip.js:22 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at jquery.qtip.js:22
at jquery.qtip.js:23
at jquery.qtip.js:3305
(anonymous) @ jquery.qtip.js:22
(anonymous) @ jquery.qtip.js:23
(anonymous) @ jquery.qtip.js:3305
index.php?module=Emails&action=send:64 Uncaught ReferenceError: SUGAR is not defined
at index.php?module=Emails&action=send:64
(anonymous) @ index.php?module=Emails&action=send:64
index.php?module=Emails&action=send:139 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at index.php?module=Emails&action=send:139
(anonymous) @ index.php?module=Emails&action=send:139
index.php?module=Emails&action=send:285 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at index.php?module=Emails&action=send:285
(anonymous) @ index.php?module=Emails&action=send:285
index.php?module=Emails&action=send:312 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at index.php?module=Emails&action=send:312
(anonymous) @ index.php?module=Emails&action=send:312
index.php?module=Emails&action=send:316 Uncaught ReferenceError: alertsTimeoutId is not defined
at index.php?module=Emails&action=send:316
(anonymous) @ index.php?module=Emails&action=send:316

I’m using VMware, so I cloned another SuiteCRM instance VM ( One I use for personal, which works fine), changed it’s ip and imported the database from the original (Work one) into it, I’ve done this before and the problem followed the database to the new server. This time I did it minus the email templates database, as per your command above, adding the Database and password. There were no errors in the browser, except being unable to find the tinymce editor

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=Am1OxmirraXe25XvvokFqg:2
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for http://193.37.226.209/suitecrm/jquery.qtip.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
VM2017:395 unable to find tinymce editor

It seemed to work fine, I didn’t send the actual email though. But the problem, according to the f12, went.

The default templates are still there though.

What do the errors mean?

Thanks for your help, it’s REALLY apprechaited

Julian

The argument can be made that the servers are the least expensive part of a CRM - it’s the software (as always!). And software guys salaries…

I jut need an expert to look at …
Thanks for your help, it’s REALLY apprechaited

It sounds like you are recognising the value you’re getting from the very hard coding work that SalesAgility, and a host of other clever PHP guys do in building SuiteCRM.

I’m contacting a small number of companies that use and value SuiteCRM in the same way as you - to look at sharing costs of for example some bug-fixes that are very user visible, but small in scope: paying together for some PHP and then giving the code back to SA to update the core code so the whole community benefits.
Perhaps - that group is one your organisation may wish to join, if we can get going?