I have a WebToPerson form set up to capture leads coming from our website. A workflow fires off a welcome email to the new subscriber which is working well.
Problem is, Suite has no way to add an opt-out link to workflow emails nor any way to track opens and click throughs unless it’s part of a campaign. In my situation the lead is considered ‘subscribed’ at the point they’re created by the WebToPerson form so will need some way of opting out.
What I’m wondering is how achievable are the following workarounds to this conundrum:
- Create a workflow that generates an opt-out link for that lead link by somehow fudging the same internal workflow Suite uses to generate the opt-out link (tied to the campaign the new lead is assigned to)
Create a workflow to:
- Create a new Target List
- Add the lead to the new target list (as only member)
- Add target list to the campaign\
- Send the campaign to that target list only
- Force send the email queue (for immediate delivery)
- Delete the target list
That way the opt-out link and tracking links will be directly applied and visible in the Campaigns and Lead views.
Is this possible? Is there a better way of achieving my needs?