Nowegian letters æ, ø and å

Will the CRM system handle the three extra Nowegian letters æ, ø and åthat we have in our alphabet? Many companies and names include these caracters.
We like ti import a leads list from excell containing several thousand commpanies, so its esential that the letters dimported and displayed correctly in the CRM.

An excample;
Company: Brødrene Båstad AS

appreciate feedback on this.

Hi Egil,

SuiteCRM will allow those characters from your language. There may also be a full Norwegian language pack available on the web for SugarCRM 6.5.x CE which you could install on SuiteCRM.

Thanks,

Will.

Thanks Will,
We havnt installed SuiteCRM yet, but are in the process, but the language pack you refer to will that be fully functional with installing the latest version of SuiteCRM and later upgrades?
Do you have any referals or contact in Norway using the Norwegian language pack?
Thank you again
Egil

Hi Egil,

Yes, any module that is compatible with SugarCRM 6.5.x should be compatible with SuiteCRM 7.x.

In terms of the language pack, I am not aware of one for Suite or one that we use but there may be one on the web. On sites such as Sugar Forge.

Thanks,

Will.

I am confused. You initially say : There may also be a full Norwegian language pack available on the web for SugarCRM 6.5.x CE which you could install on SuiteCRM.

Now it seems you are not aware of a language pack for Suite. Please clarify for me.

I am a novice on these matters, but can you tell me a littel about the difference between Sugar and Suite?
Thanks again

Hi Egil,

What I’m stating is that a language pack that is valid for SugarCRM 6.5.x CE will be valid for SuiteCRM 7.x. You would need to find out if there is a Norwegian language pack, and if not, SuiteCRM will still accept your characters in the English format.

SuiteCRM is SugarCRM supercharged with additional modules & functionality and is similar to the functionality of SugarCRM Pro.

Thanks,

Will.

No norwegian pack to be found later than 2006 as far as I can see. Still, we will download and test Suite CRM.

Thanks agian for your help.

Egil

I set the default Character set for import and export to UTF-8, but my import is not reading my special Characters. What can I do to make this correct?

Hi Egil,

Are these capital characters special(Norwegian) or standard English.

Thanks,

Will.

These characters are special for Norway and I found that the correct setting for this is UTF-8, but the standard setting in LOCAL is not used in the import module. For every import I have to redo the settings in the Import wizard at the “View import File” . The file Encoding Properties are set different, but should pick the settings from LOCAL settings. You agree?
Anyway, I have solved it, as long as I rest this everytime I import.
Thanks

Hi Egil,

Yes, but sometimes users will want the character set to be configurable for a specific import.

Thanks,

Will.