Notify on Assignment

Version 7.11.8
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

I try, as admin, to uncheck Notify on Assignment. After saving the user i look and the Notify on Assignment box is checked. Please advise. Any ideas on why this is?

Thanks

Hi , Welcome .

Did you try to change the browser and make repair ?

If you get an error msgs . Please share to give a try ?

Yes, I did try this and it still didnā€™t make the change. First browser i used was firefox, and the other i use was google chrome.

I believe this is a problem in your version, that is already fixed in the latest. The problem was with saving anything in the user profile.

Wow. so i have to upgrade thenā€¦That sounds rough

Ideally, ā€œupgradingā€ shouldnā€™t sound rough at all. That would mean that you have nice processes in place to test upgrades and apply them, and that you would always be up-to-date with security fixes and new features.

But I know, sometimes ā€œideallyā€ is far away, for one reason or another. You can also try finding the specific fix on GitHub, and manually patching just this issue.

No i have a mirrored server that i test on before i run anything, which would include upgrades. Soā€¦ It should be ok.

1 Like

Hi
I am on 7.11.15 and this is still an issue. I looked at the GITHUB link and it references inserting a code snippet into User.php, I canā€™t find that file in my instance. I ended up manually setting receive_notifications to 0 in the user table. I need a permanent fix please.

Hi, @msi_admin
If you can do next:

1. Edit file modules/Users/User.php
  2. Insert code to the function ā€˜saveā€™.
  • before:

parent::save($check_notify);

• after:
/* start insert code */
            if (isset($_POST['receive_notifications'])) {
                $this->receive_notifications = 1;
            } else {
                $this->receive_notifications = 0;
            }
/* end insert code */
        parent::save($check_notify);

That was PERFECT! Not sure why my search didnā€™t find that user.php file. Thank you!