Notification Emails Don't Have URL

When assigning a new task, lead, account, etc the url is not coming through on the notification email. This also includes emails that are reminders for calls and meetings.

This started with my upgrade to 7.7.6

What was the upgrade path you took?
Could you please give some screenshots of the email you received?
Have you done a quick repair and rebuild and repair the JS files

I tried it on my instance of 7.7.6 and I can do it successful so believe it is an issue with your instance rather than the version :slight_smile:

There were changes to this in version 7.7.6, so you might be hitting some specific problem that didn’t come up in the tests.

If the repairs suggested by Cameron don’t fix the problem, the following information would help to try and understand what’s wrong:

1. What is your system language? Did you update the language pack after upgrading to 7.7.6?

2. In which email clients did you check the email? If you could tell us how it looks in Gmail, and in a local client (like Thunderbird or others), it would be great. Post screenshots if possible.

3. If you can post the “email source” from one of these clients, that would be helpful.

4. Post the contents of your include/language/en_us.notify_template.html (and also the version from your own language, found in the same directory).

Thanks for your collaboration.

I did not update the language pack, but it looks updated since some of the old wording I had is now gone. I would expect that btw. But any of the URLs that refer to Tasks, phone calls, leads, etc, these assignments do not show a URL any more. This is done through gmail and apple mail.

Old Email

New Email - Notice no URLS

Actual File - Notify

SuiteCRM Quote - {QUOTE_SUBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Quote to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Subject: {QUOTE_SUBJECT} Status: {QUOTE_STATUS} Expected Close Date: {QUOTE_CLOSEDATE} Description: {QUOTE_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Quote.
SuiteCRM Account - {ACCOUNT_NAME}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned an Account to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Name: {ACCOUNT_NAME} Type: {ACCOUNT_TYPE} Description: {ACCOUNT_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Account.
SuiteCRM Case - {CASE_SUBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Case to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Subject: {CASE_SUBJECT} Priority: {CASE_PRIORITY} Status: {CASE_STATUS} Description: {CASE_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Case.
SuiteCRM Task - {TASK_SUBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Task to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Subject: {TASK_SUBJECT} Priority: {TASK_PRIORITY} Due Date: {TASK_DUEDATE} Status: {TASK_STATUS} Description: {TASK_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Task.
SuiteCRM Meeting - {MEETING_SUBJECT}
To: {MEETING_TO}
{ASSIGNER} has invited you to a Meeting
Subject: {MEETING_SUBJECT} Start Date: {MEETING_STARTDATE} End Date: {MEETING_ENDDATE}
Meeting URL: {MEETING_URL}
Description: {MEETING_DESCRIPTION}

Accept this meeting.
Tentatively Accept this meeting.
Decline this meeting.
SuiteCRM Meeting - {MEETING_SUBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Meeting to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Subject: {MEETING_SUBJECT} Status: {MEETING_STATUS} Start Date: {MEETING_STARTDATE} End Date: {MEETING_ENDDATE} Description: {MEETING_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Meeting.
Meeting Reminder - {MEETING_SUBJECT}
Title: {MEETING_SUBJECT} When: {MEETING_STARTDATE} Location: {MEETING_LOCATION} Created By: {MEETING_CREATED_BY}
SuiteCRM Email - {EMAIL_SUBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned an Email to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Subject: {EMAIL_SUBJECT} Date Sent: {EMAIL_DATESENT}
You may review this Email.
SuiteCRM Contact - {CONTACT_NAME}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Contact to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Name: {CONTACT_NAME} Description: {CONTACT_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Contact.
SuiteCRM Lead - {LEAD_NAME}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Lead to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Name: {LEAD_NAME} Lead Source: {LEAD_SOURCE} Status: {LEAD_STATUS} Description: {LEAD_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Lead.
SuiteCRM Opportunity - {OPPORTUNITY_NAME}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned an Opportunity to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Name: {OPPORTUNITY_NAME} Amount: {OPPORTUNITY_AMOUNT} Expected Close Date: {OPPORTUNITY_CLOSEDATE} Sales Stage: {OPPORTUNITY_STAGE} Description: {OPPORTUNITY_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Opportunity.
SuiteCRM Bug - {BUG_SUBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Bug to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Bug Number: {BUG_BUG_NUMBER} Subject: {BUG_SUBJECT} Type: {BUG_TYPE} Priority: {BUG_PRIORITY} Status: {BUG_STATUS} Resolution: {BUG_RESOLUTION} Release: {BUG_RELEASE} Description: {BUG_DESCRIPTION} Work Log: {BUG_WORK_LOG}
You may review this Bug.
SuiteCRM - Assigned {OBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a(n) {OBJECT} to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
You may review this {OBJECT}.
SuiteCRM Call - {CALL_SUBJECT}
To: {CALL_TO}
{ASSIGNER} has invited you to a Call
Subject: {CALL_SUBJECT} Status: {CALL_STATUS} Start Date: {CALL_STARTDATE} Duration: {CALL_HOURS}h, {CALL_MINUTES}m Description: {CALL_DESCRIPTION}

Accept this call.
Tentatively Accept this call.
Decline this call.
SuiteCRM Call - {CALL_SUBJECT}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Call to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Subject: {CALL_SUBJECT} Status: {CALL_STATUS} Start Date: {CALL_STARTDATE} Duration: {CALL_HOURS}h, {CALL_MINUTES}m Description: {CALL_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Call.
Call Reminder - {CALL_SUBJECT}
Title: {CALL_SUBJECT} When: {CALL_STARTDATE} Created By: {CALL_CREATED_BY}
SuiteCRM Campaign - {CAMPAIGN_NAME}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Campaign to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Subject: {CAMPAIGN_NAME} Amount: {CAMPAIGN_AMOUNT} Close Date: {CAMPAIGN_CLOSEDATE} Status: {CAMPAIGN_STATUS} Description: {CAMPAIGN_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Campaign.
SuiteCRM Quotas - Your Quota for {QUOTA_TIMEPERIOD}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Quota to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
Amount: {QUOTA_AMOUNT} Timeperiod: {QUOTA_TIMEPERIOD}
You may review this Quota assignment.
SuiteCRM Document - {KBDOCUMENT_NAME}
{NOTIFICATION_MESSAGE}
Name: {KBDOCUMENT_NAME} Created Date: {KBDOCUMENT_DATE_CREATED} Created By: {KBDOCUMENT_CREATED_BY} Status: {KBDOCUMENT_STATUS} Description: {KBDOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION}
You may review this Document.
SuiteCRM Contract - {CONTRACT_NAME}
{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Contract to {ASSIGNED_USER}.
You may review this Contract.
SuiteCRM Contract - {CONTRACT_NAME}
Your Contract: {CONTRACT_NAME} will be out of date at {CONTRACT_END_DATE}.
You may review this Contract.

Thanks for the information. Let me try to work through it…

First of all: do you use a language pack, meaning, some other language different from English? The default English is not a language pack, you only need to install (and update) a language pack if you’re using another language. But your screenshots don’t seem to show that.

So, if you’re using a language pack, you definitely MUST upgrade it to the matching 7.7.6 version, or else email notifications won’t work.

Second, your file looks very wrong. But it might be just the forum software that’s hiding the HTML tags from us. You would need to post that inside code tags. Is your file exactly like this one?: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/language/en_us.notify_template.html

@Cameron

I noticed the Release Notes for 7.7.6 don’t mention this change, it’s probably worth correcting so people know what to expect from the upgrade. I suggest the following text:

More information in the Pull Request.

Can you take care of it? Thanks.

You have to add the href to show the url, for example

SuiteCRM Task - {TASK_SUBJECT}

{ASSIGNER} has assigned a Task to {ASSIGNED_USER}.

Subject: {TASK_SUBJECT}
Priority: {TASK_PRIORITY}
Due Date: {TASK_DUEDATE}
Description: {TASK_DESCRIPTION}

You may review this Task.