I’m working with a nonprofit that puts on talks and events. I’m new at SuiteCRM though I’ve used other CRMs in the past (and wrote my own years ago, haha). I’m hoping some experienced users here can help me figure out how to best use SuiteCRM.
We’ll have these categories of people in our CRM:
- mailing lists: people who have signed up to get our mail (we have a few different lists now)
- members: people who pay for membership
- speakers: people who speak at our talks/events
- funders: people who donate (or might)
- steering committee and board members: the people who run things
Only “funders” is really a traditional sales cycle, target -> lead + account + opp -> contact. Though perhaps members are too. But what about the mailing list? The SuiteCRM docs say “targets are disposable” but our mailing lists are considered high value. Does that mean it should be stored as leads? Or maybe even contacts?
I assume I can apply some kind of tags to these people to indicate their source (mailing, web, event, etc.) and other characteristics no matter whether they’re targets, leads, or contacts.
Any experienced SuiteCRM folks have advice?