No path on the directory when I want to upload the upgrade

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my SuiteCrm instalation using the wizard.

I can navigate to the Zip File on my computer, but once I want to upload it, I have the following message :
Specified directory ā€˜ā€™ for zip file ā€˜upload://SuiteCRMUpgrade.zipā€™ extraction does not exist.

It is quite logical, it looks like the path (ie D:) is missing. I am on Windows 8.1
Have you got an idea how to solve this issue or may be how to copy the file by FTP in the good floder ?

Sorry to be such a newbie.

THX

The directory missing there is the location to which it is trying to extract the zip, so it should be under your SuiteCRM folder, under the ā€œuploadā€ subfolder.

You might want to check if the permissions for that directory allow the web server to write to it, and clean up any left-overs from old upgrades.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks

I erased all the file on the upload folder and put the rights on the folder and its subfolders on 777. It still doesnā€™t work.
I tried to copy the unzipped files the upgrade directly in the folder but the wizard does not recognize it.

Is there a way to bypass the wizard ? :dry:

Regards

Check also the ownership on those files and directories, not just the permissions.

Then check if you have zip module installed in your PHP.

I suggest that you donā€™t upgrade to 7.9, use 7.8.4 instead. There are currently too many problems with 7.9, itā€™s better to wait for the next bugfix release.

Hi,

I do have a zip module installed.
About ownership, I donā€™t get what it is. (I am the only ā€œbackgroundā€ user of the site)

I may follow your advice about no upgrading to 7.9. It si a pity because I was really in need for the improvements regarding the e-mails.

By the way thanks a million.

check the upload_dir variable in your config.php file (root of your Suite installation folder) is set to the correct folder. Mine is upload with NO forward slashesā€¦ save any changes you make and try the wizard again

1 Like

Hi,

There was a forward slash on mine. I deleted it. It still does not work. :frowning:

Thank you by the way.