No option to 'Mass update' a custom checkbox?

Hi,

I created a custom checkbox in studio, but there is no option to set is for mass updates.
I added [‘massupdate’]= 1; for the relevant field in vardefs.

The field appears as a dropdown in mass update page with the values ‘none’, ’ ’ , ‘yes’, ‘no’; however the values are not being saved.

There are no entries in the log file.

How do i go about mass updating a custom checkbox?

Thanks

If this is something you only need to do once, or a few times, you could go into the database and update directly (but be carefiul!) with phpMyAdmin or MySQL command-line.

If you need it on the user-interface, I would say try it on the online demo, on this one which allows Admin access (needed for Studio):
https://www.softaculous.com/demos/SuiteCRM

and then if it doesn’t work there, please file a GitHub Issue with some nice screenshots and detailed “steps to reproduce”…

Hi @pgr,

The big problem for me is when you create a field in studio, the field is on a custom table : table_cstm.
The only way for do in SQL if with a “LEFT JOIN” statement.
I hate custom table, I always create my field in vardefs, directly on the module table.

This must be a “Must Have” on the futur core of SuiteCRM. We need just a “Key” name for differentiate core field and custom field.
This simplify all the rest of coding, reporting, developing, …

I have see your blog, nice helpful, maybe can you write some vardefs for creating custom field in core table of module. :slight_smile:

Regards.

@item actually my weak spot is customizations, I haven’t done much of that and so I’m really not an expert.

You will like this article here if you haven’t seen it already
http://www.jsmackin.co.uk/suitecrm/suitecrm-nice-relationships/

it’s not exactly what you asked for but it’s also an improvement (by way of a simplification) on how Studio does things…

Thanks

You can create a workflow for this, use a dropdown with yes or no option, after this gets updates your worklfow will update the checkbox as well

best regards

2 Likes

thanks for this comment mike- I’ve effectively replaced all my checkboxes with dropdowns