no index.php on ./cache

I have this error:

[Thu Oct 18 06:55:32.120981 2018] [:error] [pid 8392] [client] script ‘/var/www/html/crm/cache/index.php’ not found or unable to stat, referer:

There is no index.php on ./cache

Suite CRM Version is 7.10.9

This is usually a matter of ownership/permissions.

Is this a new installation? Do you see other problems in the app, namely a bunch of “undefined” labels in several screens?

Please also state your OS and if you are root, and if you have SSH access.

no is not a new installation. Problem present yesterday after I did update on suite CRM to the latest version from 7.10.7 to 7.10.9…

Yes I see, too many :

[Thu Oct 18 09:29:02.909237 2018] [:error] [pid 14479] [client] PHP Notice: Undefined index: fundedcurrency_c in /var/www/html/crm/service/core/SoapHelperWebService.php on line 533
[Thu Oct 18 09:29:02.909242 2018] [:error] [pid 14479] [client] PHP Notice: Undefined index: phone_mobile_c in /var/www/html/crm/service/core/SoapHelperWebService.php on line 533
[Thu Oct 18 09:29:02.909248 2018] [:error] [pid 14479] [client] PHP Notice: Undefined index: birthdate_c in /var/www/html/crm/service/core/SoapHelperWebService.php on line 533
[Thu Oct 18 09:29:02.909263 2018] [:error] [pid 14479] [client] PHP Notice: Undefined index: refered_by_c in /var/www/html/crm/service/core/SoapHelperWebService.php on line 533

OS information
4.14.33-51.37.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu May 3 20:07:43 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
PHP 7.0.31 (cli) (built: Aug 17 2018 22:04:06) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2017 Zend Technologies

Yes, I have access with root user via SSH.

Folder and Files owner : apache: apache
Folder Permissions: drwxr-sr-x except: public drwxrws— , session drwxrwsrwx , cache drwxrwsrwx

Files Permissions: -rwxr-xr-x

I have another one server for testing with the same OS and access rights and i do not have this issue.

The only difference on the test server from the live server is the version of Suite CRM. In test server I have Version 7.10.7

Try resetting the permissions, just to make sure.

Also check default_permissions in your config.php.

Then try a few options from Admin / Repairs, the usual QR&R and also others, anything related to Javascript.

I tried everything, still not working. Permissions have been reset from 755 to 777 (temporary) but not working.

In config.php default permissions aer:

dir_mode’ => 1528,
file_mode’ => 493,

QR&R and rebuilt Javascript files, etc… does not help…

error message no index.php on ./cache displaying in apache logs when I tried to deploy fields in list view to show them. Changes saved in list view but the new field does not display outside in leads panel.

I tried to add a new field from studio-> leads->Layouts->list view.

Also, I noticed in suitecrm.log file another one FATAL message and I do not know if this has to do with my issue:

FATAL] *** FOLDERS: addBean() got empty bean - not saving.

Please advise because 4 days not and I stuck on it.

I would definitely investigate that FATAL error. You can look at the timestamps, and try to match the error in the log with the action you were doing on the UI.

Also make sure you check php_errors.log, or whatever your web server log is called, you always need to check both logs when troubleshooting SuiteCRM, one is not enough.

pgr please see below my comments:

Fatal message dispaying when i try to load any module from menu. For example leads module, until to dispaly all leads the FATAL message display , see below :

From Suite:

From suitecrm.log in root directory:

About php_errors i am getting below error message when I tried to deploy fields in list view to show them. Changes saved in list view but the new field does not display outside in leads panel.

CRM Stuido->List View

Error in php_errors:

Are you using any special caching system like REDIS or similar?


You could check with more detail the permissions on cache/index.php, and on the cache folder itself (the permissions from the folder are used for new files under it, depending on the SetUID and SetGID bits). You might have a problem there, or simply a corrupted file that needs tho be deleted.

Other than thatm, I would like to see what is immediately before those “got empty bean” FATAL errors in the log. Sometimes it’s only the first error that is a good clue, what comes afterwards is just the system breaking because of that initial problem.

For temporary solution i created one empty index file on ./cache/ directory and error messages goes away and now i can add fields in list view for Leads module.

About FATAL message *** FOLDERS: addBean() got empty bean - not saving , i did full server restart from console not from command line and also this error goes away. I

for both issues QQ&R for database,java files etc does not help, same for permissions.